Clavichord Early Keyboard Instruments
The Clavichord is a small keyboard instrument popular for domestic use up to the late 18th century. It has undergone a revival in the late 20th century and many instruments are currently built based on historic instruments and practices. The sound is produced when a metal tangent on the back of the key strikes the string. Unlike the piano, which has a complex hammer mechanism, the tangent remains in contact with the string while the note sounds. Clavichords have a soft tone but allow variation in loud and soft unlike a harpsichord.
Top: Arts: Music: Instruments: Keyboard: Early: Clavichord
- Andrew Lagerquist Clavichords - San Francisco based builder of instruments based on keyboard historic Swedish clavichord originals.
- Making a Clavichord - Account of building a clavichord after NM 264.785 keyboard in the Musikmuseum, Stockholm.
- Yahoo! Groups : Clavichord. - Forum for makers, players and enthusiasts of the keyboard clavichord.
- Mario's Fretted Clavichord. - Account of building a fretted clavichord from scratch.
- Clavichord Technique and Performance Practice. - Annotated bibliography by Robert Kelly.
MySQL - Cache Direct