Bodhran Drums Percussion Instruments
The bodhrán is a traditional Irish frame drum made of goat skin stretched over one side of a wooden frame. The drum traditionally is struck with a single wooden stick called a tipper or cipin [kip-een]. One hand is placed on the inside of the drum skin to allow the player to moderate the tones of the drum by stretching the skin through pressure, or by changing the size of the effective vibrating region by muting areas of the skin.
Top: Arts: Music: Instruments: Percussion: Drums: Bodhran
- Yahoo Groups: Bodhrans - South England online community - Yahoo email list
- Jef van den Broeck - Personal Belgian bodhran site with links to international bodhran pages. percussion English / Dutch
- Yahoo Groups: Bodhran - Bodhran players discussion group.
- The Bodhran - Dutch/English Information site featuring buying/playing tips and techniques for the drums Bodhrán.
- Bodojo - Offers free playing instruction, discussion forums, image gallery, videos and percussion informative articles.
- The Bodhran in Irish Music - Includes audio, images and a bodhran tutorial. bodhran Also offers playing lessons in County Donegal, Ireland.
- World Bodhran Championships - Annual bodhran competition and music gathering held in Co Kerry, Ireland in May/June.
MySQL - Cache Direct