Haynes, Roy Jazz Drummers Drums
Roy Haynes was born in Boston, March 13, 1926. In his fifty year career as a percussionist/drummer he worked with Lester Young from 1947 to 1949, with Bud Powell and Miles Davis in '49, Charlie Parker 1949 to 1953. He toured with Sarah Vaughan from 1954 to 1959, played with Thelonious Monk in 1959-60, made eight recordings with Eric Dolphy in 1960-61, worked with Stan Getz from 1961 to 1965, played and recorded with the John Coltrane Quartet from 1963 to 1965, collaborated with Chick Corea, (also from Boston) since 1968, and with Pat Metheny during the '90s. He was inducted into the Jazz Hall of Fame in 1993. He continues to play with the top jazz artists of our time, as well as lead his own group.
Top: Arts: Music: Instruments: Percussion: Drums: Drummers: Jazz: Haynes, Roy
- The Roy Haynes Trio featuring Danilo Perez & John Patitucci Verve - CD of the Week @ jazz review.com - Review of this All-Star trio, with Haynes as drummers leader.
- Roy Haynes - Profile from Dreyfus Records includes audio clips from haynes, roy several jazz CDs and links to online sales.
- Roy Haynes Quartet - Seattletimes.com, review.
- Drummerworld Picture Gallery - Nice photo portraits of Haynes, young and older, jazz in drummer haynes, roy webpages.
- Roy Haynes : No Beats to Waste - Sons of Miles Series, interview article by Mike haynes, roy Zwerin.
MySQL - Cache Direct