Portuguese Guitar Cittern Stringed Instruments
A historical survey of possible origins for the guitarra; the author argues that its roots lie in the Renaissance cittern and 18th century English guitar; also explores ths instrument's use in Fado.
Top: Arts: Music: Instruments: Stringed: Cittern: Portuguese Guitar
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/R/Regional and Ethnic/Fado
- About The Portuguese Guitar - The origins and development of the instruments; explains the difference between the Lisbon and Coimbra models, construction, and its role in Fado style.
- Baptis, Luis - Guitarist, trained classically, now demonstrating the diversity of 14 Portuguese variants of the instrument; includes a biography, discography, and a description of his instruments (including construction and tuning).
- P - Project - Duo based in Plymouth, UK, play Portuguese guitar; information about cittern their instruments, with biographies and discography.
- Fado - Guitar - The origins, construction, tuning and playing techniques for the guitarra.
- Playing the Lisbon Portuguese Guitarra - An introduction to playing techniques; includes information on construction, tuning, stringed tablature, techniques and exercises.
- Portuguese Guitar History - A historical survey of possible origins for the guitarra; the portuguese guitar author argues that its roots lie in the Renaissance cittern portuguese guitar and 18th century English guitar; also explores ths instrument\'s use portuguese guitar in Fado.
- How To Fake A Normal Guitar Into A Portuguese guitar - Suggests techniques for achieving the sound of the stringed guitarra on portuguese guitar a "normal" steel-string acoustic guitar.
MySQL - Cache Direct