Rodgers, Richard Songwriters Songwriting Music
Composer Richard Rodgers (1902-1979) began collaborating with lyricist Lorenz Hart when he was 16 years old. They had numerous hits, including My Funny Valentine and The Lady Is a Tramp, until Hart's death in 1943. Rodgers teamed with Oscar Hammerstein II and together they wrote several musicals, including Oklahoma!, South Pacific, The Sound of Music, and The King and I. Following Hammerstein's death in 1960, he continued on as both composer and lyricist and occasionally collaborated with others.
Top: Arts: Music: Songwriting: Songwriters: R: Rodgers, Richard
- Top/Arts/Movies/Titles/C/Cinderella - 1957
- Top/Arts/People/H/Hart, Lorenz
- Top/Arts/Performing Arts/Theatre/Musicals
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/V/Vocal/Tin Pan Alley Pop
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/V/Vocal/Traditional Pop
- Top/Arts/Movies/Titles/S/South Pacific
- Top/Arts/Movies/Titles/M/Main Street to Broadway
- AMG: Richard Rodgers - Biography, list of collaborators, and song credits.
- IMDb: Richard Rodgers (I) - Filmography including credits as composer, actor, lyricist, and r producer.
MySQL - Cache Direct