Carter Family Bands and Artists Country Styles
The original Carter Family - A.P., Sara, and Maybelle Carter - were one of the pioneering groups of country music, and one of its most popular for nearly two decades.June's daughter Carlene Carter has achieved international success in her own right.
Top: Arts: Music: Styles: C: Country: Bands and Artists: C: Carter Family
- Roughstock's History of Country Music: The Beginnings - Story of the Carter Family from their first c recording in c 1927, with audio and video clips.
- Will You Miss Me When I'm Gone? -- The Carter Family's Mountain Music - New York Times review (by David Gates) of c the book about the family, by Mark Zwonitzer c and Charles Hirschberg.
- Country Music Hall of Fame: The Original Carter Family - Inducted in 1970. Biography with pictures and selected discography.
- Slipcue.com: Carter Family Discography - Reviews and comparisons of recent reissues and compilations.
- The Carter Family - Short biography of the Virginia family that shaped bands and artists country music.
- The Carter Family: Will the Circle Be Unbroken - History, discography, pictures, recent honors.
- Carter Family Memorial Music Center - Official site of the center, The Carter Fold, and The c Carter Family. Includes news and schedule.
- Song Texts of the Original Carter Family - Lyrics database for comparison to later versions of the songs.
- RollingStone.com: The Carter Family - Biography, brief discography with ratings.
MySQL - Cache Direct