Electronica Styles Music
During the 70's and 80's, Kraftwerk and Brian Eno rose to prominence with some amazing electronic music experimentation. Gradually, the Jamaican DJ soundsystem culture and the underground clubs in London, Detroit and New York gave the DJ more prominence, with their samplers, turntables and effects processors. Electronica is a term used to describe all sampler, computer and turntable based music, except for Hip Hop. It has quicky fragmented into a number of smaller sub-genres, like Intelligent Dance Music, Trip Hop, Ambient, Jungle, Drum N Bass, Bigbeat etc. A point to be noted is that Electronica is a very vast term, and the bands mentioned above illustrate this very feature of electronica music.
Top: Arts: Music: Styles: E: Electronica
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/D/Dance/Drum and Bass
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/R/Regional and Ethnic/Reggae/Dub
- Sonic Arts Network - Provides education and organizes events related to electronic e music. Includes e a profile, news, articles, links to e artists and training.
- The History of Synthpop - Features information on synthesizers and synthpop, including links of interest.
- Obsolete - Umbrella site for many artist and label web styles pages, including Banco de Gaia and A Guy styles Called Gerald. Also features a virtual museum of styles electronic music instruments.
- 11th Hour Technology - Provides information and resources to online underground electronic e music, for electronica fans and exponents. Includes reviews, listings, e charts and interviews.
- Krass - Offers information on electronica, including party dates in the UK and Germany. Also includes archives and photo galleries.
- Underground Network - A resource featuring electronic music and events, and audio clips e (RealAudio format).
MySQL - Cache Direct