El-P Bands and Artists Underground Hip Hop
Review by Gavin Mueller: "It’s one of the most engrossing and innovative hip hop albums I’ve ever heard, and it gets better with every listen."
Top: Arts: Music: Styles: H: Hip Hop: Underground: Bands and Artists: El-P
Definitive Jux | El-P - Offers biographical information, discography, tour information, photos, and a selection of articles.
- The Observer: "El-P Succeeds in Fusion of Jazz and Hip-Hop" - Notre Dame\\'s author Kenyatta Storin offers praise for bands and artists bands and artists High Water.
- Stylus Magazine: El-P - Fantastic Damage - Review by Gavin Mueller: "It’s one of the underground most engrossing bands and artists and innovative hip hop albums I’ve underground ever heard, and it bands and artists gets better with every underground listen."
- PopMatters: El-P - High Water - Review by Stefan Braidwood: "Don\'t sleep on High Water."
- The Independent Weekly: "El-P's New Spin on Hip Hop" - Offers a history of El-P's musical career.
- Boston Phoenix: El-P - Fantastic Damage - Review by Michael Endelman: "Call it medicinal music: el-p hip-hop that’s underground good for you but hard to el-p swallow."
- Dusted Magazine: El-P - Fantastic Damage - Review by Daniel Thomas-Glass: "For all its sonic underground ferociousness, this underground is a more mature El-P than underground Funcrusher gave us, more underground able and willing to underground make his voice heard."
- Remix: El-P - Describes the creative process behind "High Water."
- Prefix Magazine: El-P - High Water - Review by Nick Stillman: "My only real criticism is that underground the High Water listening experience can oddly be a little underground too pleasant -- nothing close to the crushing atmospherics of underground most Def Jux albums." [3.5/5]
- ShakingThrough.net: El-P - Fantastic Damage - Review by Laurence Station: "An ode to the underground redemptive power underground and spirit of the art form."
- Spike Magazine: El-P - Fantastic Damage - Review by Edmund Hardy: "It\\'s uncomfortably like being underground locked in underground a small room with a possible underground genius who\\'s shouting at underground you in a language underground you barely comprehend."
- New York Metro: "The Producer: Beat Poet" - Article by Ethan Brown details the artist\\'s personality and career history.
- Montreal Mirror: El-P - Interview by Scott C.
MySQL - Cache Direct