Ade, King Sunny Juju African Regional and Ethnic
Born Sunday Adéniyi in 1946 in Nigeria, Sunny Ade began performing in highlife bands at the age of 17. He formed the juju band Green Spots in 1967. In 1974 he founded the African Beats, started his own recording label, and was vying for the position of the King of Juju. In 1983, following the release of three albums in the United States, he was received enthusiastically by American audiences. He founded the King Sunny Ade Foundation to support African music.
Top: Arts: Music: Styles: R: Regional and Ethnic: African: Juju: Ade, King Sunny
- Mesa Recordings: King Sunny Ade - Biography and discography with audio samples.
- African Music Encyclopedia: King Sunny Ade - Profile and photographs.
- World Music Portal: King Sunny Ade - Biography and discography.
- Perfect Sound Forever: King Sunny Ade interview - Interview by Jason Gross prior to a show juju in New ade, king sunny York City.
- African Music: King Sunny Ade - Discography, including singles and EPs, from 1967 to african the present.
- AMG: King Sunny Ade - Biography, discography, and related artists.
- Afropop: King Sunny Adé - Detailed biography, with photographs, of the Nigerian musician.
- Cosmik Debris Interview: The Very, Very Busy World of King Sunny Ade - An interview by DJ Johnson of the musician ade, king sunny juju who made 111 albums in 26 years. ade, king sunny juju Includes audio sample and photographs.
- Metroactive Music: King Sunny made African Rhythms Popular in the States - Article by Nicky Baxter prior to a concert juju in California.
MySQL - Cache Direct