Dairo, Isaiah Kehinde Juju African Regional and Ethnic
Isaiah Kehinde Dairo was born in 1931 in Nigeria. He formed the Morning Star Orchestra in 1954. In the early 1960s, he changed the name of the band to I.K. Dairo and his Blue Spot Band. His influence on juju, including introduction of the accordion, slide guitar, and talking drum and singing in regional dialects, earned him the moniker "The Father of Juju Music."
Top: Arts: Music: Styles: R: Regional and Ethnic: African: Juju: Dairo, Isaiah Kehinde
- Music Traditions: I K Dairo, MBE - Article by Benson Corporo Okagbare. Includes photographs.
- University of Washington Visiting Artists: I.K. Dairo - Profile, photographs, and audio sample.
- AMG: I.K. Dairo - Profile, discography, and related artists.
- World Music Portal: I. K. Dairo - Biography of the influential musician.
- RootsWorld: I.K. Dairo: A Remembrance - Tribute to the first international star of African music by Andrew C. Frankel, includes photograph, audio sample, and links.
MySQL - Cache Direct