Copperfield, David People Arts
This category houses both professional and fan pages devoted to the American actor, producer and magician David Copperfield. Born David Kotkin in Metuchen, New Jersey, USA, on 16th September 1956, he became the youngest person ever to be admitted to the Society of American Magicians. At the age of 16 he taught classes in his art at New York University, under the title of "Professor of Magic". Two years later he was cast in the lead role of the long-running Chicago based musical "The Magic Man", and subsequently won a contract to produce the CBS television show "The Magic of David Copperfield". During the fifth series of the program he performed possibly his best known feat of illusion - apparently making the Statue of Liberty vanish. The series has won a total of 19 Emmy Awards. The magician is also head of "Project Magic", an occupational therapy program aiming to help patients regain cognitive and motor functions through the practice of traditional sleight of hand tricks.
Top: Arts: People: C: Copperfield, David
- Top/Arts/Performing Arts/Acting/Actors and Actresses
- Top/Arts/Performing Arts/Magic/Magicians
David Copperfield - Official site providing a biography, illustrations of illusions, details of television appearances and tour information. [Requires Flash.]
- Magic Television - David Copperfield - Transcript of an interview conducted on the Oprah copperfield, david Winfrey copperfield, david Show.
- IMDb - David Copperfield - Trivia and photographs, with links and a list of acting, c producing and directing credits.
- Observer Newspaper - Scene - Article providing biographical information and a career overview.
- Celebrity Cafe - Copperfield, David - Interview in which David reveals how he became c a magician.
MySQL - Cache Direct