Articles News and Media Theatre Performing Arts
After failing to set records last season, Broadway rebounded this year with new highs for total attendance and total gross, according to figures released Wednesday by the League of American Theatres and Producers.
Top: Arts: Performing Arts: Theatre: News and Media: Articles
- Playbill News: Theater Week In Review - June 3-9, 2006 - Broadway\\'s Las Vegas Gamble Isn\\'t Paying Off. Just nine days news and media after the Vegas version of Avenue Q closed after a news and media brief, nine-month run—the Sin City mounting of Hairspray announced an news and media end date of June 11. By Robert Simonson.
- Off-Broadway's Playhouse 91 to Close, May 31 - As of May 31, 2006 the Upper East articles Side\'s 299-seat off-Broadway theatre Playhouse 91, will close.
- Broadway Contributes $4.8 Billion to NYC Economy, Producers Say - `Spamalot,\\'\\' ``Doubt\\'\\' and other Broadway plays and musicals contributed $4.8 billion to New York City\\'s economy in the year ended in June 2005, the highest since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
- Playbill News: Tickets Gone Wild: Broadway Braces Itself as NY Contemplates Deregulating Scalping - The New York State scalping law is set articles to expire.
- Broadway Sells Record 12 Million Seats; Attendance Up 4 Percent - New Yorkers and tourists, lured by celebrities such as Julia news and media Roberts and undeterred by a 7 percent increase in average news and media prices, filled Broadway theaters in record numbers over the past news and media year. By Philip Boroff.
- Playbill News: Broadway Box Office and Attendance for 2005-06 Season Up From Previous Year - Broadway counted 12,003,148 heads in paid attendance during the 2005-06 season, a jump of 4.1 percent over the previous season\\'s showing, the League of American Theatres and Producers reported. By Robert Simonson.
- Broadway Enjoys Record Season - After failing to set records last season, Broadway rebounded this articles year with new highs for total attendance and total gross, articles according to figures released Wednesday by the League of American articles Theatres and Producers.
MySQL - Cache Direct