Rogers, Fred McFeely Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood Children's Programs
Pennsylvania native Fred Rogers made his name in public television, starting in 1954 at Pittsburgh's pioneering WQED. In 1962, he became an ordained minister and the following year, he created a 15-minute program for young children which in 1968 was syndicated nationwide on PBS as "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood." Rogers died in Pittsburgh on February 27, 2003 at the age of 74.
Top: Arts: Television: Programs: Children's: Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood: Rogers, Fred McFeely
NPR: Mister Rogers - A Remembrance - Fred Rogers, the host of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, dies of cancer at the age of 74. NPR's All Things Considered offers a remembrance. [Collection of Realaudio streams of show segments from NPR radio.]
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - 'Farewell, Neighbor': Fred Rogers, 1928 - 2003 - Hometown newspaper provides articles from continuing news coverage and from a special section published Feb. 28, 2003 in which writers, artists and photographers chronicle the reaction to Rogers' passing and the breadth of his legacy.
- Salon.com: Fred Rogers - A 1998 Brilliant Careers biography and career profile children\'s of the children's children's television star.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Fred Rogers' 'retirement' busy with books, songs, appearances - Summary of Mr. Rogers\\' many activities after children\'s ending production children's of his show.
- Fresh Air Online - Biography of Fred Rogers - Brief biography and links to two radio interviews children\'s available in children's Realaudio format.
- AARP/NRTA Education Watch: Mr. Rogers' Passion for Learning - A short, informal interview in which Fred Rogers discusses retirement, his childhood, spirituality, role models, and other subjects.
- Wired for Books: Audio Interview with Fred Rogers - A 1987 interview in the television host discusses children\'s his career, children's learning from children, and book series children\'s with Don Swaim [streaming children's RealAudio].
- New York Times: Fred Rogers, Host of 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood,' Dies at 74 - Associated Press obituary published on February 27, 2003. mr. rogers\' neighborhood rogers, fred mcfeely [Requires free registration.]
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Magazine - There goes the Neighborhood: Mister Rogers will make last episodes of show in December - Long article which discusses the taping of the show\\'s final episodes as well as the legacy of Mr. Rogers\\' Neighborhood to PBS and to television in general.
- Dartmouth College 2002 Commencement Address - Text of Rogers\\' address to the graduating class delivered on June 9, 2002.
MySQL - Cache Direct