You Can't Do That on Television Sketch Comedy Comedy Programs
Children's series that began airing on Ottawa, Canada, television station CJOH in 1979 and, aside from a 1987-88 hiatus, was produced until 1990; it was briefly replaced by a prime-time version, "Whatever Turns You On," that aired nationally on CTV for 12 episodes. A then-fledgling U.S. cable channel named Nickelodeon picked up "You Can't Do That on Television" in 1981, and it quickly became the network's flagship show.The show is probably most famous for unleashing green slime on the world - cast members who dared to utter the phrase "I don't know" were drenched in the substance. Though Nickelodeon very seldom airs episodes of "You Can't Do That on Television," green slime remains one of the network's trademarks.
Top: Arts: Television: Programs: Comedy: Sketch Comedy: You Can't Do That on Television
- Top/Regional/North America/Canada/News and Media/Television
The Slime Society - Site for the show's official fan club features news, show history, FAQs, episode guide, articles, and images, as well as streaming video of full episodes.
- Whatever Turns You On - Official fan site for the short-lived CTV prime-time version of sketch comedy the series. History, cast information and interviews, pictures, episode guide, sketch comedy musical guests, message board and tape trading.
- Internet Movie Database: "You Can't Do That on Television" (1979) - Cast and crew listings, trivia, alternate versions, user comments and quotes.
- Wikipedia: You Can't Do That on Television - Overview of the series.
- Barth's Burgery - Episode guide, pictures and episodes offered on FTP and DVD.
- Allan's YCDTOTV Trading Page - Fan\\'s list of tapes for trade, along with sketch comedy pictures sketch comedy and video clips.
- You Can't Do That on Television World Service - Fan site with images, interviews, list of favorite skits, information on cast members\' later work, FAQs and links list.
MySQL - Cache Direct