Howe, Oscar Artists and Artisans North America Native and Tribal
Oscar Howe (1915-1983) was a Yanktonai Dakota born and raised on the Crow Creek Reservation in South Dakota. He is recognized as having pioneered a new era in Indian art by introducing abstraction.
Top: Arts: Visual Arts: Native and Tribal: North America: Artists and Artisans: Howe, Oscar
- Top/Society/Ethnicity/The Americas/Indigenous/Native Americans/Tribes, Nations and Bands/S/Sioux
- Top/Regional/North America/United States/South Dakota/Localities/C/Crow Creek Reservation
- South Dakota Art Museum: Oscar Howe - Biography and examples of his artwork.
- Wikipedia: Oscar Howe - Biography and bibliography.
- Oscar Howe Murals - Photographs of the murals at the Mobridge Auditorium.
- Oscar Howe Memorial Association - Includes biography, video, Oscar Howe Summer Institute application form, and prints and books for sale.
MySQL - Cache Direct