Reggae Specialty Labels Music
One of the first truly international music styles, Reggae has its origins in the Ska and Rocksteady studios of Kingston, Jamaica. Some of the first Reggae studios (Black Ark) later went on to create new genres, including Dub, Ragga, and even the prototype for American Hip Hop. The most famous proponents of Reggae are the Marley family (Bob and Ziggy), whose bands toured the world and produced some of the best selling singles and albums of all time. The first producer of Bob Marley and the Wailers was Lee "Scratch" Perry, legendary father of Dub (originally meaning the B-side of a record, with drum breaks and dropouts for MCs to shout out over).
Top: Business: Arts and Entertainment: Music: Labels: Specialty: Reggae
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/R/Regional and Ethnic/Reggae
- Universal Roots - London based sound system (RDK Hi Fi) and record label.
- Runn Records - Netherlands-based music label, with online catalogue, artist pages, specialty news, studio reggae details and general company information.
- Artists Only!: Reggae - Releases from Half Pint, The Abyssinians, and Lee labels Perry.
- Arrayed Roots Sounds - Promoters of reggae and dub music and culture. With Dubware specialty catalog, artist profiles, and links to related resources.
- Kufe Records - British Reggae and Soca label. Artists include Judy Boucher, Jia, and Spraggie. Catalog, audio clips, and links.
- MCS Records - United Kingdom Reggae label. Artists include Papa Levi, reggae Lesley Lyrix, labels Daddy Rusty, Ultimate Simmey Ranks, and reggae Tippa Irie. Tour labels dates, sound samples, artist reggae biographies, catalog, and links.
- Tuff Gong - A studio, distributor, manufacturer and seller of reggae records. With discography, services, mission, and store.
- Easy Star Records - Original live reggae from New York featuring newcomers specialty and legends.
- Jah Tubby - United Kingdom reggae label. Discography, photos and ordering information.
- Nighthawk Records - The finest traditional reggae artists are represented by Nighthawk Records. Including Itals, Ronnie Davis, Justin Hinds, the Ethiopian, Winston Jarrett, Gladiators, and Murder City Players.
- Blood and Fire - Influential UK reggae label.
- On-U Sound - Famous British reggae/dub label run by genius producer reggae Adrian Sherwood.
- Jah Scout Records - Conscious reggae music featuring Norris Man, Anthony B, Paul Elliott, labels and Cecile.
- Madhouse Records - Dave Kelly\\'s record label site. Producer of Joyride, Bug, labels Pepperseed, and Bogle rhythms, this is the official site of labels dancehall reggae artists Baby Cham, Wayne Wonder, Frisco Kid, and labels Mr. Easy.
- Motion Records - Label featuring releases by King Tubby, Skatalites, and labels Captain Patrick.
- MaximumSound - An independent label producing reggae, ragga, and dancehall reggae hosted by specialty producer Frenchie, formerly of Fashion Records.
MySQL - Cache Direct