History Resources Machinery and Equipment Textiles and Nonwovens
Short article on the development of mechanised yarn spinning and cloth weaving on Thomas Jefferson's Monticello cotton plantation in 1812. Resources related to Jefferson.
Top: Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Machinery and Equipment: Resources: History
- The Steam Loom - Excerpt from Richard Guest\\'s, Compendious History of the resources Cotton Manufacture (1823), and dealing with the invention resources and application of the steam loom in the resources British textile industry. Edited by Mr. Paul Halsall resources for the Modern History Sourcebook.
- Richard Guest: The Steam Loom, 1823 - Short article about the history of the steam machinery and equipment driven weaving loom which caused an explosion in machinery and equipment output and a sharp reduction in labor costs.
- History of the Automatic Loom - Short history of the weaving loom, from the times of machinery and equipment the hand weaving looms, until the inventions of the Industrial machinery and equipment Revolution enabled the invention of the foot peddle loom in machinery and equipment Japan from which the fully automatic shuttle loom was later machinery and equipment developed. From the
- Medieval North European Spindles and Whorls - Short article with descriptions of the spindles and history whorls used by Scandinavian yarn spinners from 800 history to 1500 CE. Author: Carolyn Priest-Dorman.
- Sewing Machines: Historical Trade Literature in Smithsonian Institution Collections - From the Smithsonian Institution\\'s Library of Historical Trade Literature, a history guide to the range of materials published by and about history sewing machine companies in the US and other countries, starting history in the 1840's.[PDF]
- Leeds Woollen Workers Petition - Letter published in local newspapers by 1786 by history textile mill workers in Leeds, United Kingdom, complaining history about the effects of machines on the previously history well-paid skilled workers. From the Modern History Sourcebook.
- Tampere Mill - Finland. Includes on-line reconstruction of the water powered history textile mill resources at Tampere.
- Cotton Gin - Short history of the invention of the cotton gin by Eli Whitney.
- Spinning and Spinning Wheels A Brief History of Machines for Making Thread and Yarn - History of the development of tools and equipment history for yarn spinning, from the drop spindle to history the spinning wheel. Author: W.J. McNabb.
- Analysis of Cotton Gin Buildings in the South Plains Region - Master of Science thesis providing documentation and analysis of historic gins in the South Plains region, USA, which the dominant rural architectural building form. Includes photographs and illustrations of defining features and elements. Author: Mihelle[PDF]
- The Sewing Machine: Its Invention and Development - Smithsonian Institution\\'s web publication of a 1976 book machinery and equipment machinery and equipment on the invention, development and introduction of the machinery and equipment machinery and equipment sewing machine, by Grace Rogers Cooper.
- Carolinas Textile Exhibit - On-line exhibition of historic textile machinery, components, parts resources and accessories. From the Gaston County Museum in resources North Carolina, USA.
- Inventing the Cotton Gin: Machine and Myth in Antebellum America - Alternative view of the history of the cotton resources gin as machinery and equipment an aspect of global history and resources an artifact of the machinery and equipment industrial development of Southern resources USA. Author: Angela Lakwete.
- Kuba Textiles: An Introduction - Short article about the single heddle loom weaving resources technology of history the Congo based Kuba people, including resources embroidery, applique, patchwork and history dyeing techniques. Author: Ann resources E. Svenson.
- Flax and Hemp gin - Page from the Illustrated London News of November machinery and equipment 1, 1862, with an illustration of the American machinery and equipment flax gin developed by Sandford and Mallory, and machinery and equipment a short description of its operation.
- The Invention of the Power Loom - Short overview of the inventions in mechanised yarn spinning and history cloth weaving during the Industrial Revolution which led to the history development of the steam powered loom, and the disastrous effect history it has had on the hand loom industry of India. history From The Hindu
- Richard Arkwright - The history of the water powered yarn spinning frame, and Richard Arkwright\\'s unsuccessful legal struggle to obtain recognition for his 1773 invention. From A Scrapbook of Cheshire Antiquities.
- Monticello: The Plantation - Short article on the development of mechanised yarn spinning and cloth weaving on Thomas Jefferson\\'s Monticello cotton plantation in 1812. Resources related to Jefferson.
- What's a Cotton "Gin"? - Jonah Begone providing an explanation for the term machinery and equipment machinery and equipment gin, and a short history of the invention machinery and equipment machinery and equipment and social implications of the cotton gin in machinery and equipment machinery and equipment pre-Civil War American society.
- Daniel Pratt - Extensive information about the founder, and the history of the American cotton gin manufacturing industry.
- The Art and History of Weaving - Short introduction to the history of weaving and history the development of the weaving loom, from pre-historic history times to the present computer-driven loom. Author: Prof. history Susan C. Wylly.
- Knitting History; From Hand Knitting to Knitting Machines - Short history of the development of knitting machinery history and technology, by Sharon Nani. Links to knitting history articles and related sites.
- Servant in the House: A Brief History of the Sewing Machine - History of the development and introduction into the history industry of the sewing machine, originally published by history the Smithsonian Report in 1930. Author: Frederick Lewis history Lewton.
- Cotton - Article from the February 1, 1916 issue of the Cotton history Seed Oil Magazine, presenting a history of the cotton industry history in Southern USA, and the invention and commercial development of history the mechanical gin and cotton press.[PDF]
- Letter of Leeds Cloth Merchants - Letter addressed to Leeds\\' citizenry and published in history local newspapers, resources written in 1791 by a committee history of Leeds\\' cloth merchants resources in defence of the history introduction of mechanised textile manufacture. From resources the Modern history History Sourcebook.
- The Horizontal Loom - Short description of the horizontal foot treadle weaving resources loom with shuttle, which was introduced into Europe resources in the 11th Century. From The Medieval Technology resources Pages.
- Eli Whitney's Patent for the Cotton Gin - Web site of the US National Archives providing machinery and equipment resources classroom information for teachers about Eli Whitney and machinery and equipment resources the patenting of the cotton gin, and the machinery and equipment resources impact of his invention on the production of machinery and equipment resources raw cotton. Includes copies of the original patent machinery and equipment resources documents.
- Viking Textile Tools - Web site about the reconstruction of soapstone spindle whorls, metal history needles and needle cases, and whalebone smoothing boards used by history the Viking people to produce yarns, fabrics and garments. From history Sarah Goslee\'s homepage about braiding and tablet weaving.
- Guide to the Eli Whitney Papers - Comprehensive reference guide to the Yale University Library\\'s history complete collection resources of the Eli Whitney Papers consisting history of correspondence and business resources papers relating to Eli history Whitney\\'s invention and patenting of the resources cotton gin history and to his subsequent develop
- Power Loom - Blog with multiple links to articles and information history about inventors and inventions which determined the growth history and industrial development of the textile industry, and history were the start and driving force behind the history Industrial Revolution.
- On Power Looms - Excerpts from an early 19th century autobiography, written machinery and equipment machinery and equipment by William Radcliffe, and dealing with the implications machinery and equipment machinery and equipment of the introduction of the power loom for machinery and equipment machinery and equipment the local textile industry. Edited by Mr. Paul machinery and equipment machinery and equipment Halsall for the Modern History Sourcebook.
MySQL - Cache Direct