History Resources Carpets Textiles
Detailed article on the history and production techniques of tapestry, from ancient Greece to the present time. From Tapestry and More Galleries.
Top: Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Textiles: Carpets: Resources: History
- About Handmade Oriental Area Rugs - Introduction to the history, manufacturing technologies, materials and styles of hand woven and hand knotted Oriental rugs. Stain removal guide. Glossary of terms. From Nejad Rugs.
- The Carpet Industry of Southern USA - Overview of the history, development and current state resources of affairs of the carpet industry in Southern resources USA. From The New Georgia Encyclopedia.
- Armenian Rugs Society - USA. Non-profit organization, dedicated to the preservation and documentation of carpets knowledge relating to the contribution made by Armenian weavers to carpets the history, artistry and technology of rug making. List of carpets exhibitions. Library of publications. Links to
- The History of Carpet - Historical time line of the development and manufacture history of carpets, from 6000 BC till modern times. history From CarpetInfo.Co.Uk.
- Old Turkish Carpets - Extensive information about the early history of the design and history manufacture of Ottoman carpets and prayer rugs. English and Turkish.
- History of Carpet Knotting and Weaving in Tunisia - Short article about the history of the art history of carpet and tapestry weaving in Tunisia. From history the Raken Services web site.
- Centuries of Walking on Art - Article about the art of floor and wall history coverings, from carpets 14th Century French hand painted canvasses history to North American colonial carpets floor cloths. Author: Natalie history Browne-Gutnik.
- Studies in Western Tapestry - Information resource for historians, art historians and tapestry resources enthusiasts providing news and current research, bibliographies, articles resources and papers, and a calendar of exhibitions. Edited resources by Guy Delmarcel and Koenraad Brosens.
- The Bayeux Tapestry - Homepage of Glen Ray Crack with the complete history Bayeux Tapestry collection, including a Latin-English translation. Also, history information about the construction and history of the history collection, and layman commentaries. Link to his pages history about the Battle of Hastings
- On Felt - Short history of the uses of felt as carpet underlays carpets in ancient Persia. Author: Richard E. Wright.
- A Timeless History of Tapestry and Wall Hangings - Detailed article on the history and production techniques carpets of tapestry, resources from ancient Greece to the present carpets time. From Tapestry and resources More Galleries.
- Carpet Weaving - Short article on the art of carpet weaving carpets in ancient resources Persia and current day Iran, with carpets historical notes and illustrations resources of antique carpetry. From carpets the Iranian Embassy in Canada site.
- Persian Carpets - Extensive information about the history of Persian carpets, resources the industry resources and the technologies it applies. Also, resources Persian carpet designs and resources classification, and glossary of resources technical terms. Link to the Carpet resources Museum of resources Iran.
- Rug Art - Information resource for students and researchers of the carpets history, techniques and functions of hand woven carpets carpets and rugs in the Islamic world. Library of carpets articles. Links to related sites. English and Iranian.
- History of the Navajo Rug - Web site of the Navajo Rug Repair Company, resources providing a rough chronology for the history and resources development of Navajo rug or blanket weaving, including resources information on design and techniques.
MySQL - Cache Direct