Publications History Resources Textiles
Book about the history of blanket weaving, describing the evolution of southwestern textiles from the early historic period to the late nineteenth century, establishes a revised chronology for its development, and traces significant changes in materials,
Top: Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Textiles: Resources: History: Publications
- Textile Town - Illustrated narrative, scrapbook and encyclopedia compiled by scholars history and blue-collar workers, presenting the history of the history more than 50 cotton mills and textile factories history in Spartanburg County, South Carolina from 1816 to history the present. Includes the lyri
- Field to Fabric: The Story of American Cotton Growers - Book about the history, development, and the economic resources and social impact of the cotton industry on resources West Texas society. Published by the Texas Tech resources University Press. Author: Jack Lichtenstein.
- The Book of Silk - Paperback conveying the rich history of silk through publications five millennia, reproducing hundreds of fabrics, furnishings and publications garments, from ancient China, where the secret of publications reeling silkworm cocoons was first discovered, by the publications legendary Silk Routes to Byzantiu
- The Fibre that Changed the World - Collection of essays showing how cotton became the publications vehicle for publications factory-based production and associated industrialization, and publications frequently served as a publications focus for the readjustment publications of mature industrial economies. Published by publications the Oxford publications University Press. Edite
- Women's Work: The First 20,000 Years - Review of a book about the history of hand spinning, publications weaving and women\\'s involvement in the business of cloth manufacture publications both within and outside the home throughout the ages, with publications the primary emphasis being on archaeological problem solving and the publications ancie
- How India Clothed the World: The World of South Asian Textiles, 1500-1850 - Review of a book argueing against the preponderance publications of Western resources Europe as the motor of the publications world through the assessment resources of the relative size, publications geographic extension and economic relevance of resources cotton production publications and trade between 1500 and 1850 in India resources publications and Asia[PDF]
- Spinning Cotton: Domestic and Industrial Novels - Abstract of an essay in \\'Victorian Studies\\', examining publications the ways in which nineteenth-century domestic and industrial publications novels highlight and suppress different aspects of Britain\\'s publications involvement in the Indian cotton trade. Author: Suzanne publications Daly.
- Textile History - Journal of the history of textiles and the publications textile industry, their technological development, design and conservation, publications and the history of dress and other uses publications of textiles. From the Pasold Research Fund.
- Textile Technologies: a Historical Perspective - Extensive review of Charu Smita Gupta\\'s book about the technologies publications of various Indian processes of textile manufacture from prehistoric times publications to the present day. From the Infinity Foundation web site.
- The Textile Industry in North Carolina: A History - Survey of North Carolina\\'s textile industry from its publications roots in history the spinning wheels and hand looms publications of the colonial and history Revolutionary periods through the publications massive buy-outs, consolidations, and plant closings history of the publications 1980s. Published by North Carolina Office of
- The History of Cotton - Introduction to the history of the cotton industry publications in the history South of the United States. Methods publications of growing, harvesting and history ginning of cotton, cotton publications classification and uses of cotton seed. history From the publications South Carolina Cotton Museum.
- Cotton, Colonialism, and Social History in Sub-Saharan Africa - Review and table of content of a collection history of case studies describing the dramatic changes in history the social history and structure of Africa\\'s agrarian history society, caused by the cotton trade and colonialism. history Editors: Richard Roberts and Allen Isaacman.
- A Global History of Cotton Textiles: 1200-1850 - Book review and index of a collection of history essays examining the history of cotton textiles, and history investigating the mystery of the different paths of history development taken by the cotton industries of Europe history and Asia during that time period. Edited by history Giorgio Riel[PDF]
- Women and Labour in Late Colonial India: The Bengal Jute Industry - Review of a study on women working in history the Bengal publications jute industry during the late colonial history period between 1897 and publications Indian independence in 1950, history based on colonial records and legislative publications materials, jute history mill and trade union records, and some interviews. publications history Autho
- Fascination with Fiber: Michigan's Handweaving Heritage - Review of a book presenting an account of publications Michigan\\'s handloom weavers and weaving as well as publications the story of Michigan\\'s fiber-arts tradition. Authors: Marie publications A. Gile and Marion T. Marzolf.
- The Cambridge History of Western Textiles - Two-volume standard work on the production and uses history of textiles, history through the eyes of archaeologists, economic history and social historians, historians history of fashion and the history history of dress, and museum curators history familiar with history surviving artefacts. Edited by David Jen
- An Economic History of the Silk Industry, 1830–1930 - Historical analysis of the development and growth of resources the global resources silk industry. Published by the Cambridge resources University Press. Author: Prof. resources Giovanni Federico.
- History of Hand Knitting - Review of a handbook about the history of history the technique publications and social aspects of hand knitting history in Europe and the publications Americas, based on literary history evidence. Includes a definition of knitting publications in relation history to other yarn crafts as crochet and publications history nålbinding, a historica
- Treasures in Silk - Illustrated history of Chinese textiles, describing the importance resources of sericulture, publications and silk production and design on resources traditional Chinese art. Includes publications a detailed glossary on resources sericulture and textile technologies, and links publications to related resources sites. English and Chi
- The European Linen Industry in Historical Perspective - Collection of original essays providing an overview of publications linen production and consumption in Europe and North publications America since the Middle Ages. Published by the publications Oxford University Press. Edited by Brenda Collins and publications Philip Ollerenshaw.
- Culture of Misfortune: An Interpretive History of Textile Unionism in the United States - Study of the institutional history of textile unionism history in the United States from 1830 to the history present times, containing a chronicle of the rise history and fall of the Textile Workers Union of history America. Author: Clete Daniel.
- Blanket Weaving in the Southwest - Book about the history of blanket weaving, describing publications the evolution history of southwestern textiles from the early publications historic period to the history late nineteenth century, establishes publications a revised chronology for its development, history and traces publications significant changes in materials,
- Silk - Handbook about the history and development of silk, its properties resources and practical uses, and its role in the history of resources fashion design. Published by Yale University Press. Author: Mary Schoeser.
- The Rise of Cotton Mills in the South - Idealistic chronicle of the textile industry founders in publications Southern USA, written and published in 1921, providing publications a first full-length account of the advent of publications the cotton-textile industry in the region. Re-publish by publications the University of South Carolina Press. A
- The English Wool Market, c. 1230-1327 - Review of a handbook about the trade in English wool whose production, acquisition, exchange, and manufacture launched countless ships, occupied many merchants, and kept the looms of Flanders, England, and Italy working, but which in the period covered al
MySQL - Cache Direct