Security Wireless Data Communications
A three part article on wireless penetration testing discussing the different types of attacks that can be used, how to protect against them, and walks through a typical attack on a network.
Top: Computers: Data Communications: Wireless: Security
- The Unofficial 802.11 Security Web Page - Collection of papers and links covering the major security wireless standards and their associated vulnerabilities.
- LucidLink WiFi Client - A software application designed to provide a clear interface to wireless security options enabled in surrounding wireless networks. Intended for use in laptops.
- Keeping Wireless Intruders Away - Article raising awareness about the risk of unprotected wireless wireless networks, and how a worldwide test yielded wireless shocking results about the amount homes left unprotected wireless to network attacks.
- Securityfocus - A three part article on wireless penetration testing discussing the data communications different types of attacks that can be used, how to data communications protect against them, and walks through a typical attack on data communications a network.
- asleap - Tool for penetration testing Cisco LEAP wireless access security points, can recover weak passwords by passively monitoring security wireless traffic. Includes documentation and downloads.
- Wi-Fi Alliance: WPA2 standard - Information on the WPA2 security standard designed to meet the data communications 802.11i criteria. Includes FAQ and media briefing presentation in English data communications and Japanese.
- New Scientist - Article by Will Knight, discussing a new authentication approach that data communications can combat the risks associated with connecting to a rogue data communications access point.
- 802.11x Wireless LAN Security & Software - Offers security alerts and articles based on specific wireless LAN hardware and mirrored multi-platform software helpful for wireless security.
- Securing Your Wireless Network - Tips for home users to secure their wireless wireless LAN, with wireless detailed instructions on how to execute wireless each step of the wireless process.
- Wireless Home Network Security Tips - Tips for home users who want to get security a network up quickly to secure their network security against the most prevalent of threats.
- Ars Technica: Wireless Security Blackpaper - Article covering basic 802.11b security, WEP, MAC address filtering, broadcast security key rotation and EAP based standards.
MySQL - Cache Direct