Resources Optical Storage Hardware
A guide to audio and data CD media technology. Includes a discussion of the influence of laser wavelength on track geometry, and also covers encoding (EFM, parity, subcode channels), capacity analysis and data structures.
Top: Computers: Hardware: Storage: Optical: Resources
- Top/Shopping/Consumer Electronics/Video/DVD Players
- Top/Home/Consumer Information/Electronics/Video/DVD Players
Andy McFadden's CD-Recordable FAQ - The standard FAQ for CD-R and CD-RW. Besides general questions and answers, its major sections cover encoding, media, hardware, software and common problems. Updated monthly.
- Video Help - Contains information on how to make VideoCDs, SVCDs resources or DVDs that can be played on your resources standalone DVD Player from video sources like DVD, resources Video, TV, Cam or downloaded movie clips like resources DivX, MOV, RM, WMV and ASF. Has also resources a list of standalone DVD Players w
- How Stuff Works: DVDs - An illustrated explanation of the technology behind DVD storage media and players. It includes some animations.
- Jim Taylor's DVD FAQ - The official FAQ of the Internet DVD newsgroups. Its optical primary emphasis is on video, but there is a section optical on data DVDs that describes each format.
- Dvdplusrw.org - Dedicated to the DVD+RW recordable DVD format.
- DVD-R Authoring Vs. General Media: What's the difference - Document that explains the differences between DVD-R authoring and General optical DVD media.
- CDRlabs.com - Website that offers news and reviews on CD-R and DVD drives, mainly focused on hardware.
- DVD Forum - This is the primary industry association for DVD. optical Site resources resources include technology briefs, conference schedules optical and news archives.
- CD Freaks.com - Website that offers daily news and background information on CD-R and DVD related subjects, both software and hardware. Has hardware reviews and forum.
- CD Information Center - General information source with links and a few articles about the CD and DVD industry. Includes an CD bibliography.
- Recording to CD: More than Meets the Ear - This article includes an description of the resources physical structure and encoding of data on CDs. resources It covers the frame and block levels resources including EFM, interleaving and subcode channels.
- OSTA - Optical Storage Technology Association - OSTA is an industry group promoting use of writable optical storage technology. This is the home of the Universal Disc Format (UDF) specification and other technology references.
- DVDR Digest - Website that offers articles and software about DVD optical recording.
- CD Speed - Has essential tools for CD/DVD drive and media quality control resources and a good explanation of CAV, CLV, Z-CLV and P-CAV resources technology.
- DVD Recordable.org - Has new on DVD related subjects. Provides articles, reports and guides on DVD recording, ripping, authoring and backup.
- CD Media World - News and technology articles related to writable CDs. optical Includes a list of CD-R dye types optical and manufacturers, and a reference list of CD-writing optical software.
- Rm.com - Safety advice for CD ROM drives that develop small cracks.
- DVD Audio Conference Coverage and FAQ - Article on DVD Audio that dispels many myths optical about the DVD-A multi-channel audio format.
- Writable DVD: A Guide for the Perplexed - This article contrasts DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD+RW, and includes questions resources and answers.
- The Coaster Factory - Has information about offsets and the real size storage of CD-Rs.
- DVD Writers - Covering the latest news on DVD writers and storage authoring.
- CD Media Resource Center - A guide to audio and data CD media resources technology. Includes storage a discussion of the influence of resources laser wavelength on track storage geometry, and also covers resources encoding (EFM, parity, subcode channels), capacity storage analysis and resources data structures.
- General CD-R archives - Archive of lots of questions and answers regarding resources CD-R and related technologies, both hardware and software.
- PC Tech Guide: CD-R/CD-RW - The technology behind the recordable CD.
- How Stuff Works: Compact Disc - Detailed descriptions and animations explain the technology used in a storage compact disc.
- An index of the ECMA standards - Lists all documents regarding the ECMA standards, including storage optical storage and data compression.
- CDR-Info.com - Website that contains news and announcements of new resources products, reviews and articles.
- High Density format - This document gives basic information on the High storage Density (HD) storage format developed by Sanyo.
- Primer on CD-R - Site describing technologies, possible problems and solutions
- How Stuff Works: CD-RW drive - Explanation of the technology of CD-RW drives, contains storage interactive flash animations.
- Orange Forum - Home of the industry group promoting CD-R and storage CD-RW. Basic tutorial illustrated with cartoons.
- Toshiba DVD-RAM White Paper - An introduction to DVD-RAM technology. Includes brief comparison with DVD-R and DVD-RW.
- LP to CDR Tips - Page of notes describing the author\\'s experience of resources transferring LPs resources to CDR over the last resources few years, with particular resources emphasis on the restoration resources of WAV files on hard disk.
- Resources CD-R - This resource is intended to be parts of optical a primer on recordable Compact Disc formats.
MySQL - Cache Direct