Articles Spam E-mail Internet
Three companies using email to solicit the sale of nonexistent web addresses have been ordered to close their web businesses. [requires free NYTimes.com registration to view]
Top: Computers: Internet: E-mail: Spam: Articles
- Unsolicited Bulk Email: Definitions and Problems - This report discusses the costs of spam.
- How the UK Can Stop Spam Without Damaging Free Speech - Suggested non-extraterritorial UK legislation that would stop spam globally.
- Alleee and Franc's Insolitology - A description of Nigerian scams (also called 419 e-mail scams), with e-mail images and links.
- BBC News: MySpace Wins Bumper Spam Payout - Article detailing MySpace\\'s $234m damages win from spammers spam under the articles US CAN Spam law, but explaining spam how they have little articles chance of getting much, spam if any, of the cash.
- Slashdot - Distributed Spam Detection - Threaded discussion of spam detection systems and the spam razor p2p spam system specifically.
- How to Advertise Responsibly Using E-mail and Newsgroups - Article about how businesses can advertise without spamming.
- Address Munging Considered Harmful - A paper arguing against the practice of spam-blocking articles on Usenet articles by using an altered email address.
- NYTimes.com - 3 Web Sites Closed in Spam Inquiry - Three companies using email to solicit the sale spam of nonexistent web addresses have been ordered to spam close their web businesses. [requires free NYTimes.com spam registration to view]
- Spam v. Profit - An e-mail marketer argues that ISPs can profit from e-mail articles marketing if it is done responsibly.
- Reflections on the 25th Anniversary of Spam - Discussion of spam history and early spam sightings.
- Outlook SPAM Tutorial - Tutorial to provide easy way to filter your e-mail unwanted junk email in Outlook and Outlook Express.
- E-mail Marketing Articles - Articles about how e-mail marketers can avoid spamming.
- Spam, Lies and Fake Reporters - Describes the tactics of Opt In Inc. and the president e-mail of Opt In Inc., Charles "Steve" Hardigree.
- Unsolicited Bulk Email: Mechanisms for Control - This report by the Internet Mail Consortium discusses spam a variety e-mail of filtering mechanisms.
MySQL - Cache Direct