Archives History Internet
Nonprofit organisation established to preserve Web sites by taking regular "snapshots". The Wayback Machine provides links to older versions of a webpage. There are special collections, for example on Web pioneers.
Top: Computers: Internet: History: Archives
- The Register: Archive.org Suffers Fahrenheit 911 Memory Loss - Opinion piece by Ashlee Vance about how archive.org internet doesn\\'t permanently save material the way most people internet believe it does.
- Ghost Sites - Long running online "museum" provides screenshots of defunct sites.
- First Monday: Internet Time and the Reliability of Search Engines - Journal article by Paul Wouters, Iina Hellsten, and internet Loet Leydesdorff. archives Examines the consequences and implications internet of internet search engines archives continuously reconstructing the past internet by updating their indices.
- The Register: Britain's Web Presence to be Saved - Announcement of the creation of the UK Web Archiving Consortium (UKWAC).
- MINERVA: Mapping the INternet Electronic Resources Virtual Archive - Library of Congress Web Archiving Project aims to history collect and history preserve Web sites useful in serving history the current or future history informational needs of Congress history and researchers.
- The Internet Archive - Nonprofit organisation established to preserve Web sites by taking regular "snapshots". The Wayback Machine provides links to older versions of a webpage. There are special collections, for example on Web pioneers.
- Searchenginewatch.com - It's Tough to Get a Good Date with a Search Engine - Article by Gary Price and Genie Tyburski. Explores the archives question of "what is a date on the web?" and archives notes that a searcher may be misled by the results archives of searches restricted by date.
- Textfiles - Contains information gathered from BBS\\'s in the early history days of history the Internet.
- Archive-It.org - A subscription service from the Internet Archive, which allows institutions history to build, manage and search their own web archive. Includes history the sites of universities, libraries, and special interest collections history of websites.
- DevArchives - Contains archives of FAQs, mailing lists, and newsgroups all related to developer/programming/IT. Free.
- Pandora Archive - Australia\\'s Web archive, established initially by the National Library of history Australia, and now built in collaboration with nine other Australian history libraries and cultural collecting organisations.
- 2004 U.S. Federal Agency Web Harvest - A harvest of Federal Agency public web sites as they existed prior to January 20, 2005.
- The European Archive - Digital library of cultural artifacts in digital form. The collection includes public information films, recordings and Web harvest of political related and government websites.
- Programming and Software Development List Archives - Searchable online archives of mailing list discussions containing internet thousands of lists with millions of messages, with internet spam filters.
- The Register: Google, the Only Archive We'll Ever Need? - Opinion piece by Andrew Orlowski. Points out that Google can\\'t always index, retrieve and/or sort everything in useful ways, but its supporters are overlooking these major drawbacks to using it as an archive.
- Google Groups - Searchable archive of more than 700 million Usenet postings from archives a period of more than 20 years.
- UK Web Archiving Consortium - Creating an archive of culturally significant UK websites.
- The Register: The Web as Historical Record - Essay by Peter Abrahams pointing out "one of the weaknesses internet of most search engines and the Web itself: you cannot internet sort by date."
- Web Design Timeline - Ten years of web design in an archive.
- NewsletterArchive.org - Aims to archive and make available to the internet public all email newsletters and electronic mailing lists. internet It will rely on user contributions for its internet content.
MySQL - Cache Direct