Access Control FAQs, Help, and Tutorials Authoring Web Design and Development
.htaccess is the name of a special configuration text file that provides a number of Directives for configuring the Apache Web Server and its various modules like mod_rewrite, mod_alias, and mod_ssl. These files are frequently used by shared web hosting companies with multiple users, to allow each user the ability to modify the server settings for their specific directory.Htaccess allows for decentralized management of configuration when placed inside the web tree. Directives placed in .htaccess files apply to the directory where the file is placed, and all sub-directories. The .htaccess file follows the same syntax as the main Apache configuration files, but unlike httpd.conf files .htaccess files are read on every request therefore changes made in these files take immediate effect.
Top: Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Authoring: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials: Access Control
- Top/Computers/Software/Internet/Servers/WWW/Apache/FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
- Mosaic User Authentication Tutorial - NCSA HTTPd Tutorial on using .htaccess for password authoring protection (1995).
- Htaccess Tools - Simple generators to create portions of .htaccess files.
- AskApache .htaccess Tutorial - Frequently updated list of .htaccess examples and articles.
- Prohosting .htaccess FAQ - Introduction and guide to several features of .htaccess.
- About htaccess and XBitHack - Beginner\\'s guide to the .htaccess file and XBitHack, faqs, help, and faqs, help, and tutorials tutorials including examples.
- Corz .htaccess Guide - Multiple sections covering common and advanced ways to use .htaccess access control files.
- PerishablePress .htaccess Tutorial - Huge list of some of the best .htaccess tricks and access control tips.
- Check-These RewriteRule Guide - Detailed tutorial for using mod_rewrite's RewriteRule.
MySQL - Cache Direct