Structured Methodologies Programming
Structured programming was first proposed in about 1970, by Professor Edsger Wybe Dijkstra. It has since become a major methodology, used commonly by most programmers, who may never even have heard the term. While many people believe its main idea was to eliminate the use of unconditional jumps (naked GOTOs, the infamous GOTO statement), Dijkstra states the main idea more generally as: "I now suggest that we confine ourselves to the design and implementation of intellectually manageable programs."
Top: Computers: Programming: Methodologies: Structured
- How to Draw Jackson System Development (JSD) Diagrams - Learn about Entity Structure Diagrams (ESD) and Network Diagrams (ND) used for Jackson System Development (JSD). Download SmartDraw\\'s trial version for free and draw JSD diagrams with ease.
- Definition: Structured Programming - From General Services Administration, Federal Standard 1037C (Telecom methodologies Glossary 2000): methodologies \\'Telecommunications: Glossary of Telecommunication Terms\\'. Long methodologies title, short but very methodologies clear definition.
- SMUG Book: Structured Programming - Several very good quotes that define and explain structured this topic.
- Go To Statement Considered Harmful - By Edsger W. Dijkstra. This short 1968 paper structured is widely structured considered the seminal work which began structured the Structured Programming movement, structured and is vital to structured grasp the motives of its creators. structured Reprinted as structured an ACM Classic of the Month.
- Tutorial on Jackson System development - A lecture on JSP and JSD.
- Felgall Software - Structured Programming - Overview, diagrams, examples.
- Jackson System Development (JSD) - Overview, stage descriptions.
- Structured Programming - Article at Cunningham and Cunningham Wiki site.
- Jackson Structured Programming Editor - A program to create JSP diagrams and generate programming a C programming or Pascal code skeleton.
MySQL - Cache Direct