Viruses Malicious Software Security
An organization for independent anti-virus researchers to facilitate communication, collaboration, and public education. Publishes and links to many papers written by independent researchers.
Top: Computers: Security: Malicious Software: Viruses
- Team Anti-Virus - An organization for independent anti-virus researchers to facilitate viruses communication, collaboration, and public education. Publishes and links viruses to many papers written by independent researchers.
- BusinessWeek Online - Mydoom's Most Damning Dynamic - Points out that Mydoom was so damaging only because so many individual net users were so unprotected despite education efforts that apparently do not have any significant effect on user behavior.
- AskMen.com - How To: Keep Your Computer Virus-Free - Article with basic advice on virus prevention, and a primer on computer virus terminology.
- Burton Systems Software - Virus Avoidance Advice - Advice for avoiding and recovering from computer virus infections, mostly for users of Microsoft Windows. Includes links to many free tools and other resources.
- OpenAntiVirus Project - Project aimed at developing open source antivirus software comparable to current commercial offerings.
- How Stuff Works: Computer Virus - Multipart tutorial describes how computer viruses work.
- Secunia - Virus Information - Collects virus information from multiple anti-virus vendors, and the collected information is grouped and indexed. When certain conditions are met virus alerts are generated and can be emailed.
- Computer Virus Myths - The canonical reference for computer virus myths, hoaxes, and urban legends.
- Computer Associates Virus Encyclopedia - Computer Associates alphabetical virus database. Searchable with clear malicious software descriptions security of common viruses.
- Softpanorama University Skeptical Antivirus page - A skeptical look at anti-virus protection.
- McAfee Virus Information - Virus alerts, mailing list, and searchable descriptions of common viruses.
- Doug Muth's Anti-Virus Help Page - Independent site with FAQs, papers, and other viruses antivirus resources.
- Personal Home Page - Gordon, Sarah - Various papers on computer viruses, computer security, and ethics.
- VirusList.com - Permanently replenishing information about new viruses. Mechanisms of malicious software breeding malicious software and operation, detailed analysis of algorithms of malicious software viruses. Methods malicious software to guard against computer viruses.
- Personal Home Page - Szor, Peter - Research papers on computer viruses written by Peter security Szor. The malicious software site covers Windows viruses and worms security and the development of malicious software polymorphic and metamorphic viruses.
- Examples of Malicious Computer Programs - Long essay that describes harm done by major computer viruses viruses or worms, and discusses the nonexistent or lenient punishment for viruses the authors or distributors of these malicious programs.
- Personal Home Page - Harrold, Robert - Massive collection of antivirus links and news.
- Solo Antivirus - Virus encyclopedia - Contains details about latest virus alerts and wide security spread virus malicious software information.
- Virus Hoax - A website dedicated to providing valuable information about internet and computer security, and a central location for finding out about current threats.
- Trend Virus Encyclopedia - Trend Micro issues regular advisories regarding new viruses, security including a guide to avoiding them in the security first place. Site covers risk factor of the security newest viruses. lists top ten virus and offers security a security alert archive.
- Computer Associates Virus Information Center - Virus information from makers of eTrust Antivirus (formerly known as viruses InoculateIT).
- Virus Bulletin - News and technical articles on developments on viruses viruses and anti-virus security products.
- IBM's Antivirus Research - News and information about virus prevention, the latest in IBM\\'s research, virus alerts, and lists of the latest hoaxes and hype.
- EICAR test file - Provides a standardized test file for signature based malicious software virus detection software. This file can be used malicious software to verify the correct operation of antivirus software malicious software without unnecessary exposure to viruses.
- F-Secure Virus Information Centre - A searchable database of virus descriptions, from the security provider of viruses F-Secure range of anti-virus software.
- comp.virus Newsgroup FAQs - FAQs from the comp.virus newsgroup
- davebauer.net - Avoiding Viruses - Information to help computer users learn security how to malicious software protect computers from viruses security and hackers.
- Fire Antivirus Kit - Virus Information Library - Provides detailed information on viruses
- European Institute for Computer Anti-Virus Research (EICAR) - Combines universities, industry, media, technical, security, and legal experts from civil and military government and law enforcement as well as privacy protection organizations whose objectives are to unite non-commercial efforts against writing and prol
- Virus or Hoax? - Created to provide basic information about viruses. Links malicious software to major anti-virus companies, public services, software malicious software downloads, and updates.
- RAV Virus Encyclopedia - Virus Encyclopedia provided by RAV - Reliable AntiVirus.
- Symantec AntiVirus Research Center - Virus Encyclopedia site maintained by Symantec, makers of malicious software the security popular Norton AntiVirus product.
- Personal Home page - Ferrie, Peter - Various research papers on computer viruses
- Panda Software Virus Laboratory - Up to date and in-depth descriptions of the most common viruses by Panda Software, makers of Panda Antivirus Platinum.
- The WildList Organization International - Organization which maintains a list of computer viruses malicious software which viruses are still found "in the wild".
- Windows Startup Tasks - Massive listing of tasks that may be running on a Windows system at startup, including tasks which may be created by viruses, worms, spyware, and trojans
- Computer Viruses In Unix Networks - Paper which examines in detail the problem of computer viruses viruses as they relate to Unix and Unix-like systems.
- Sophos Virus Analyses - This Sophos database holds the latest virus names malicious software and malicious software descriptions.
- The Art Of Noh - A weblog on computer security, viruses, worms, trojans and other types of malicious software by Costin G. Raiu.[RSS]
MySQL - Cache Direct