Articles Data Warehousing Databases Software
Intelligent Enterprise Magazine article by Ralph Kimball completes the 20 criteria for rating your dimensional data warehouse by adding 8 expression criteria.
Top: Computers: Software: Databases: Data Warehousing: Articles
- Data Warehouse Quality Management - Laura Hadley examines ways in which organizations can data warehousing think about quality in the data warehouse environment, data warehousing as well as ideas for possible metrics to data warehousing measure quality and extend warehouse value.
- Monster Dimensions - DBMS Online article by Ralph Kimball discussing design databases solutions for articles handling changes in very large dimensions.
- Data Warehouse Delivery: Federated FAQs - DM Review article by Douglas Hackney with some frequently asked data warehousing questions about federated data warehouses.
- Data Warehouse Delivery: How to Federate - DM Review article by Douglas Hackney that looks articles in more detail at how you build a articles federated BI architecture.
- Intelligent Enterprise Magazine - Offers both print and online-only articles, news and analysis focused on the business software strategies that enable IT and business decision-makers to plan, build, manage and purchase business critical enterprise applications.
- Data Warehouse Delivery: The Federated Future - DM Review article by Douglas Hackney that addresses federated data warehouse architecture.
- B-EYE-Network - Delivers industry-based business intelligence, business performance management, data warehousing and data quality content.
- Differences of Opinion - Ralph Kimball\\'s Intelligent Enterprise article comparing the dominant approaches to data warehousing enterprise data warehousing.
- The Unity Dimension - Nick Galemmo\\'s Intelligent Enterprise article that offers a data warehousing modeling data warehousing solution for when differing entities share a data warehousing role.
- A Definition of Data Warehousing - Michael Reed of TechnologyEvaluation.Com gives a brief overview databases of the data warehousing definition of a data warehouse.
- Many Alternate Realities - Intelligent Enterprise Magazine article by Ralph Kimball on data warehousing the data warehouse design challenge of describing the data warehousing past accurately.
- Seven Principles for Enterprise Data Warehouse Design - DMReview article by Rich Cohen providing principles for data warehouse data warehousing design.
- Data Warehouse Delivery: When to Federate - DM Review article by Douglas Hackney discussing conditions that can merit a federated BI architecture.
- Managing Meta Data Within and Across Warehousing Efforts - Many organizations must manage multiple warehousing initiatives underway databases simultaneously and these systems will most likely be databases based on products from multiple data warehousing vendors, databases in the typical decentralized approach of most corporations.
- Beware the Objection Removers - Intelligent Enterprise article by Ralph Kimball that encourages data warehousing you to ask questions when sales pitches fly data warehousing in the face of conventional wisdom.
- Developing a Data Warehouse Architecture - A data warehouse architecture is a description of data warehousing the elements and services of the warehouse, with data warehousing details showing how the components will fit together data warehousing and how the system will grow over time.
- Backward in Time - Ralph Kimball\\'s Intelligent Enterprise article that offers tips databases for stitching data warehousing late-arriving records into an existing data databases warehouse.
- Teradata Magazine Online - Technical magazine for data warehouse professionals interested in NCR\'s Teradata database management system.
- Kimball Group: articles and columns - The site gives access to Ralph Kimball and data warehousing other data warehousing Kimball Group members\\'s columns and articles on data warehousing data warehouse data warehousing for the period 1995-2005.
- Factless Fact Tables - DBMS Online article by Ralph Kimball discussing two articles types of data warehousing useful fact tables that contain no articles facts at all.
- The Four Legs of a Successful Business Intelligence (BI) Project Team - A successful BI project team is like a data warehousing four-legged data warehousing table - each leg holds up its data warehousing share of data warehousing the weight. Remove one and the data warehousing project wobbles. The data warehousing four legs of a team data warehousing are Project Sponsorship and data warehousing Governance, Project Management, Development data warehousing Team (Core Team), and
- Surrogate Keys - DBMS Online article by Ralph Kimball about keeping articles control over data warehousing record identifiers by generating new keys articles for the data.
- The Problem with Dimensional Modeling - Bill Inmon's DM Review article discussing dimensional modeling.
- How to do a Warehouse Assessment (And Why) - Arthur Moore and David Wells. The essence of databases data warehousing data warehousing assessment is directed at refining the databases warehousing process and revitalizing data warehousing the warehousing initiative.
- Managing Current and Historical Views of Information in The Data Warehouse - Michael Jennings\\' DM Review article on managing current and historical articles views of information.
- 11 Steps to Successful Data Warehousing - Mining your corporate data for valuable customer information can improve your business performance. But it\\'s not as simple as it sounds. Database Advisor article by Phillip Blackwood.
- Help for Hierarchies - Ralph Kimball article from DBMS Online discussing how to use databases helper tables to handle dimensions with complex hierarchies.
- Rating Your Dimensional Data Warehouse - Intelligent Enterprise Magazine article by Ralph Kimball that explains the databases first 12 of twenty criteria for comparing data webhouses.
- Is Your Dimensional Data Warehouse Expressive? - Intelligent Enterprise Magazine article by Ralph Kimball completes the 20 criteria for rating your dimensional data warehouse by adding 8 expression criteria.
- Data Mart Does Not Equal Data Warehouse - Bill Inmon article originally published in DM Review about the articles differences between a data mart and a data warehouse.
- Data Security: Protecting the Warehouse from Within - DM Direct article by Chris Silbernagel that outlines some of articles the primary issues and decision points of implementing a relational articles on-line analytical processing data warehouse with data security.
- The Federated Data Warehouse - DM Review article by Colin White about federated data warehouses.
MySQL - Cache Direct