Model Relational Databases Software
Analysis of various systems and ideas floating in the database scene, against the standards set by the relational model for database management.
Top: Computers: Software: Databases: Relational: Model
Extending the Database Relational Model to Capture More Meaning - RM/T: semantics modeling in the relational model for database management.
The Third Manifesto - This is a proposal for a strictly relational system. It is intended to be more powerful than SQL or object DBMSs. File in PostScript format.
- 12 Rules - 12 Rules for a relational database by EF databases Codd.
- Against the Grain - Contrarian articles by Fabian Pascal about the necessity of getting model the relational model properly implemented.
- The Third Manifesto - Additional material related to the book.
- A Simple Guide to Five Normal Forms - A Simple Guide to Five Normal Forms in databases Relational Database Theory
- Introduction to Relational Databases - Concentrating on the 12 Rules from EF Codd and a model succint, informal definition of normalisation with examples.
- A Relational Model of Data for Large Shared Data Banks - The paper that started it all. The first public databases statement of the Relational Model.
- Tuple-Marks - A proposal to avoid default or special values, SQL NULLs relational and three-valued logic in the representation of missing information.
- FirstSQL Issue Papers - Opinions fundamented on the relational model about NULLs, SQL and relational DBMS
- Database Debunkings - Analysis of various systems and ideas floating in model the database scene, against the standards set by model the relational model for database management.
- Alternative Technologies - Several publications on relational data. Free registration model required.
- Twelve Rules for Business Rules - Paper by C.J. Date on business rules as databases data integrity constraints.[PDF]
- According to Date: online. - Articles by Christopher J Date about how the relational relational model can fulfill all OO needs. relational Web-only articles from DBPD that never made to relational print.
- Journal of Conceptual Modeling - Bi-monthly journal about conceptual modelling and mainly relational relational database design.
- According to Date: recent. - Articles by Christohper J Date with emphasis on model foundations. databases Web published by DBPD after the model print magazine folded.
- Date’s 12 Rules for DDB's - Presentation slides about C.J. Date\\'s goals for relational relational databases. Orthogonal to the relational model.[PDF]
- Fondation Matters - Series of relational database model articles by Chris relational J Date, with emphasis on rules applications. relational Registration required.
- David McGoveran - Several short, insightful articles on the relevance of relational the Relational Model to enterprise application integration.
MySQL - Cache Direct