News and Media WinRefunds Microsoft Licensing
Brief article regarding computer owners who are attempting to get refunds for unused copies of Windows preinstalled on their computers.
Top: Computers: Software: Licensing: Microsoft: WinRefunds: News and Media
- Fans of Linux Plan to March On Microsoft - Article relating to computer users who intend to winrefunds seek a news and media refund for unused copies of Windows winrefunds sold with their machines.
- Linux Weekly News: Monday, February 15, is Windows refund day - "... it is a bit disappointing that there are not more organized groups out there."
- The Mac Observer--Get A Refund On Windows If You Don't Use It - Brief article regarding computer owners who are attempting to get refunds for unused copies of Windows preinstalled on their computers.
- Linux Weekly News: The Windows refund movement is snowballing - Discusses WinRefund Movement on bottom 1/8 of page news and media news and media one; or near the top of the 1-big-page news and media news and media LWN.
- Windows Refund Day Momentum Builds - Several hundred computer users, at the time of winrefunds this article, microsoft intended to seek refunds from Microsoft winrefunds for the unused operating microsoft system sold bundled with winrefunds their machines.
- Slashdot: Australian Linux User Gets Windows Refund - Links to an article on the individual whose winrefunds refund made it into the press, and early winrefunds discussion of the larger refunds project.
- Exchange Windows with Linux for free - The SSLUG (Denmark/Sweden) hosts an installfest as an news and media alternative to other Windows Refund Day actions.
- ZDNet: Linux users to MS: We want our refund - A brief article on northern California Linux users who plan microsoft to rally at company\\'s office to "present a calm and microsoft polite, but firm, request for [a] refund."
- Slashdot: Refund for Windows action - Further commentary from the early stages of the movement.
- New Zealand: NZInfoTech: UniForum plans NZ Windows campaign - "New Zealand Unix operating system lobby group UniForum is planning winrefunds a national "Windows Refund Day" for the Microsoft operating system winrefunds on February 15..."
- BBC: Windows refund day dawns - "Windows may be on more than 90 per microsoft cent of the world\\'s Personal Computers, but a microsoft growing campaign takes to the streets on Monday microsoft to keep the Microsoft Operating System (OS) in microsoft its box."
- Network World: Kearn's column: Get rid of Windows, and get your money back! - Describes one user who read the EULA and found a news and media way to get refunded for an operating system he wouldn\'t news and media use.
- Wired News: Geeks to MS: We Don't Do Windows - Coverage of the Microsoft Refund Day event, by news and media winrefunds an on-the-spot reporter.
- San Jose Mercury News: Mark your calendars - 8th item from top.
- Group seeks refunds for bundled versions of Windows (CNN.com) - A group that is rallying Linux, BeOS, BSD, winrefunds OS/2, and winrefunds NetWare users to demand a refund winrefunds on Feb. 15 because winrefunds of the end user winrefunds license agreement wording.
- CNET News.com: Group of PC users wants Windows refund - Describes refund campaign; terms EULA clause a "loophole".
- NY Times: Linux Users Going Straight to Microsoft - Second of 3 short articles on one page.
- CNN: Interactive: Windows license opens door for Linux refund - Reprint of 99-1-21 LinuxWorld piece.
- :Windows Refund Madness - Story regarding a group attempting to get a news and media refund from Microsoft for unused copies of Windows news and media which came with their computers.
- USA Today: 'Refund Day': Another pain for Windows - "Hundreds of people who bought computers preloaded with the Windows news and media operating system plan to politely storm Microsoft offices around the news and media world Monday and request refunds."
MySQL - Cache Direct