Gentoo x Distributions Linu Operating Systems
The goal of this project is to provide a testbed for all kind of patches to portage, the package management system.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Distributions: Gentoo
Gentoo - The official pages for the distribution provide documentation, downloads and installation instructions, mailing-lists, forums, performance reviews and news.
- Abeni - A tool that allows to edit ebuild-scripts and check the gentoo syntax before trying to build it. Lists features, downloads, documentation gentoo and screenshots.
- LinuxDevCenter.com: Growing with Gentoo - Daniel Robbins, Gentoo\\'s chief architect, spoke to students and professors gentoo at Stanford University\\'s Computer Systems Lab. Danny O\\'Brien reports on gentoo his presentation, which focused on lesser known aspects of Gentoo: gentoo how it evolved, what problems it had.
- Gentoo-Wiki - Provides HowTos, tips and tricks and man-pages around distributions Gentoo/Linux.
- Gentoo Security Handbook - Provides information about how to make an installation more secure. Describes how to adjust the Kernel, firewalls, services and other parts of the system.
- Linux Review: Gentoo Linux - A review describing the experience during installation and a summary linux of strong points and weaknesses.
- The Adelie Linux Project - Gentoo based solutions for Single System Image, High Performance Computing linux and other related fields. Provides ebuilds for various HPC-projects.
- Gentoo Forums - Discussion forums for topics around the distribution, Linux applications, installation, administration, portage, frequently asked questions.
- Gentoo Linux Real-Time Open Source Activity Stats - Statistics about CVS-Activity in Gentoo. Also shows commits gentoo categorized by submitter.
- Gentoo Linux on the PlayStation 2 - Provides patches and information about running on a linux Sony PlayStation 2.
- Linuxreviews - Linux Tips and Tricks - Gentoo Linux - General documentation, tips and help with USE flags, gentoo emerge, portage and custom ebuilds.
- Gentoo Linux Reloaded - Explains what Gentoo Linux is all about and linux presents new linux features in Version 1.4.
- cfghelper - Provides a Python script for managing config files created by distributions portage.
- The Porthole Portage Frontend - A GTK-based frontend for Portage. Provides a short description, screenshots, downloads and an ebuild for the software.
- daRav.de - Gentoo Ebuilds - Some ebuilds and a small howto about software suspend under distributions Gentoo.
- Ycarus Gentoo Ebuild - Provides some ebuilds for Gentoo that are not gentoo yet in the portage tree.
- Gentoo Planet - The official weblog aggregator for the project that linux creates one linux feed out of many Gentoo Linux linux developer feeds. Lists all linux contributors and the latest linux posts by various developers.
- LinuxPlanet - Reviews - Distribution Watch: Gentoo Linux - A review of Gentoo Linux 1.1a.
- Gentoo Linux on a Lifebook P-2040 - Describes the steps that are required for installing on a linux Fujitsu notebook.
- Cool Linux CD - A liveCD based Gentoo that can be used to boot Linux without installing.
- Gentoo For Zaurus - Base the propjects Cacko X11 Rom and The Emerde Project. Provides documentation for the project, downloads, HOWTOs and screenshots.
- It's Just this Little Chromium Switch Here: Gentoo and FreeBSD: Not for Me - A comparison and critique of Gentoo and FreeBSD.
- Larry the Cow - A directory of Gentoo community sites including Gentoo related content distributions and resources.
- LXer: Dispelling the myths of Gentoo Linux, an honest review - A long-term Red Hat Linux user has given distributions an honest look at Gentoo, and has concluded distributions that the stereotypes surrounding this distribution are false.
- CLiki - Lisp and Gentoo - Provides information about supported implementations of the Lisp distributions programming language.
- Packages at Gentoo Linux - Lists new packages and provides changelogs, displays stable and unstable versions of a package and allows searching for packages by name and description.
- Gentoo on the HP compaq nx7010 laptop - A short reference page on setting up gentoo linux on gentoo the HP compaq nx7010 laptop.
- OSNews.com - Review of Gentoo Linux 1.0 - A review of the distribution.
- Genone's portage patchset - The goal of this project is to provide gentoo a testbed for all kind of patches to gentoo portage, the package management system.
- Gentoo-Portage.com - An unofficial package listing system. It provides information regarding the available packages and allows users to post comments.
- Java-projects for Gentoo - How to be a good upstream - Describes things that a Java project should observe to make it easier to write ebuilds.
- Gentoo Store - Offers Gentoo-related products. Store profits are used to support Gentoo gentoo development efforts, server infrastructure and further efforts to establish a gentoo not-for-profit entity for Gentoo.
- Gentoox - Bringing Gentoo to the Xbox - Describes how to get Gentoo running on a Microsoft Xbox. Downloads, FAQ, Forums, Links, Developers, News and Tutorials.
- DistroWatch.com: Gentoo - Provides a basic feature list and a package linux comparison table.
- Ruby-Tk-Merge - rtkmerge - A GUI to the emerge command to handle packages.
- A site Reborn: The gentoo.org Redesign - Daniel Robbins shares his experiences as he redesigns gentoo the Gentoo-Web site using technologies like XML, XSLT, gentoo and Python.
- Something to try - A Developer blogs about the work on Gentoo and other topics.
- Linux installation for simple remote servers - Describes the Gentoo installation procedure. Basic installation, Audio, distributions GUI, Video, distributions links.
- Linux.com: Gentoo Linux - A review of the distribution.
- Appear - A Gentoo Portage improvement - A frontend written in sh which makes Portage (the Gentoo Linux package manager) more efficient by backgrounding downloads and allowing for automatic prelinking of packages.
- Gentoo Linux's Journal - Provides a journal of user-experiences. Managed by Users.
- LWN - The Success of Gentoo - Ladislav Bodnar talks about how Gentoo became one of the most widely used distributions. Describes originality, persistence, packages, documentation, community.
- KPortage - A graphical frontend for portage. Releasenote, changelog, download gentoo and screenshots.
- Kuro5hin.org - Installing Gentoo Linux - A description of the installation process.
MySQL - Cache Direct