FAQs, Help, and Tutorials x Security Uni Operating Systems
Collects and disseminates computer security information and resources to help users, systems administrators, managers, and security professionals better protect their data and systems.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Security: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
- FreeBSD Handbook Security chapter - Securing FreeBSD
- Admin's Choice - Resources for Unix administrators - Solaris system administration FAQs, articles and tips.
- TPEP Frequently Asked Questions - The Computer Security Evaluation Frequently Asked Questions (V2.1)
- Unix Security - Paper by Rajib K. Mitra about file permissions, unix daemons, stack security overflows and scripts.
- Auditing UNIX Systems: A Case Study - This report, written as a case study, presents results of security a detailed information security audit of UNIX systems that belong security to a fictitious company. It illustrates an approach to performing security such an examination.
- NIST Computer Security Resource Clearinghouse - Collects and disseminates computer security information and resources to help users, systems administrators, managers, and security professionals better protect their data and systems.
- Securing Debian HOWTO - Protecting Debian during installation and securing network services.
- Adminschoice - Securing solaris OS - Details some of the focus areas for security security and provides unix suggestions to make it strong.
- G A C T - Unix Passwords - To get to "ROOT" you have to have somewhere to unix start. For the purposes of this file, that somewhere is unix with the 'passwd' file.
- AIX 4.3 Network Hardening - Recipes to secure network services on AIX. Download unix of scripts security available.
- Coping with the Threat of Computer Security Incidents - A primer from prevention through recovery by Russell unix L. Brand.
- Absence of Malice - Editorial from Dr. Dobb\\'s Journal about Randal Schwartz\\'s security felony convictions security for running Crack on unauthorized machines.
- Secure Programming for Linux and Unix HOWTO - Online book on software security tips.
- Unix security basics, Part 1 - Understanding file attribute bits and modes
- Writing Safe Setuid Programs - Collection of papers on writing safe setuid programs faqs, help, and unix tutorials by Matt Bishop.
MySQL - Cache Direct