Dots and Boxes Paper and Pencil Games
A game mixing dots and boxes with chess. Completing a box activates the enclosed chess piece, capturing other activated chess pieces.
Top: Games: Paper and Pencil: Dots and Boxes
- Eric Weisstein's World of Mathematics: Dots and Boxes - Entry with rules, basic strategy, and references.
- Dots and Boxes - Dots and Hexagons - Reviews standard rules, and introduces the analogous game dots and boxes paper and pencil on a hexagonal board.
- Dots-and-Boxes Analysis - Analysis program and results.
- Postings from rec.games.abstract about Dots and Boxes - Includes a survey of the mathematical and computational paper and pencil games literature.
- Connect Capture - A game mixing dots and boxes with chess. Completing a box activates the enclosed chess piece, capturing other activated chess pieces.
- Talk by Katherine Scott: Loony Dots and Boxes Endgame - Streaming-video 30-minute talk held at MSRI during the games Combinatorial Game paper and pencil Theory Research Workshop, July 24-28, 2000. games Describes a particular paper and pencil type of endgame which games arises frequently in practice and can paper and pencil be solved games in polynomial time.
MySQL - Cache Direct