By Subject Dictionaries Reference
Library-related terms and jargon. Based on glossary created for the Cornell University Libraries, with terms and definitions borrowed from the Anglo-American cataloguing rules and other sources.
Top: Reference: Dictionaries: By Subject
- 1960s Slang - Collection of some slang words used in the reference 1960's.
- Olah.com - Denim Survival Guide - Includes a dictionary of textile terms.
- Antique Bottle Terms - Terms used to identify and describe the condition by subject of dictionaries antique bottles.
- Travel Industry Dictionary - Presented by the Home-Based Travel Agent Resource Center. dictionaries Over 4,000 entries: industry terms, jargon, abbreviations, acronyms, dictionaries and slang used by agents, suppliers, and professionals.
- Whisky glossary - Small glossary of whisky and general distilling terms with diagrams.
- Super Gigantic Y2K Winegrape Glossary - Cross-referenced glossary of wine grape varieties.
- Glossary of Common Latin Terms Found in Imprints of Early Printed Books - Includes examples of usage.
- Dictionary of Financial Scam Terms - A guide to financial terms as distorted by reference con artists dictionaries to defraud victims.
- Sex-Lexis - Dictionary of sexual terms and expressions and dictionary reference of the reference "F" word, with quotes, synonyms, and reference cross-references.
- Jargon Scout - Trendy internet jargon. No longer updated; last update was dictionaries June 2001.
- Natural History Terms - Glossary of terms used by practicing biologists and reference paleontologists in by subject various fields.
- Online Dictionary of Library and Information Science - Reference resource of library and information science terminology dictionaries maintained by reference Libraries Unlimited.
- NumisMedia Glossary of Numismatic Terms - Over 500 terms and their definitions.
- Speleological and Caving Terms - Australian Speleological Federation glossary of speleological and caving terms with references to related literature.
- Universal Switching's Glossary of Electronic Terms - Available in html or pdf formats.
- Sushi Vocabulary - Glossary of sushi-related terms and Japanese names for reference common fish served as sushi.
- Tealand Tea Words - Glossary of tea preparation and production terminology.
- PCGS Coin Collecting Glossary - Terms and slang of the rare coin market.
- Paper Money Glossary - Terms used in the collection, study and production of paper money.
- Texas Talk - Collection of words, phrases and slang used in Texas.
- Technical Services Department Glossary - Library-related terms and jargon. Based on glossary created for the reference Cornell University Libraries, with terms and definitions borrowed from the reference Anglo-American cataloguing rules and other sources.
- Hiker's Lexicon - Common and uncommon technical terms, slang, abbreviations and acronyms used by hikers and backpackers.
- Dictionary of Gambling - Terms covering gambling, casino games, and the sports dictionaries on which money is bet.
- Cat Dictionary - Lynne Marie Stockman\'s collection of terms relating to by subject cats.
- BKWine's Short Gastronomic Glossary - A short gastronomic glossary with food and restaurant by subject terms in English, French and Swedish.
- Lottery Glossary - Lottery related terms and definitions, comprised largely from reference contributions by dictionaries members of an online lotto community.
- GlossPost - Glossaries\' mailing list for translators, interpreters, terminologists and dictionaries technical writers.
- Compressed Air Glossary of Terms - A glossary on compressed air.
- The Superhero Dictionary - Each entry compares a superhero\\'s name with its reference real life meaning and includes comparison pictures and reference pronunciations.
- Glossary of Satellite TV and Internet Terms - Includes product descriptions and satellite TV installation phrases.
- An Espresso Glossary - Terms encountered when talking about or using espresso machines.
- Glossary of Terms for Dyeing - Terms related to the dyeing of textiles.
- Glossary for the Modern Soap Maker - A collection of soap making terms, definitions and reference acronyms.
- Terminology Collection - Multilingual glossaries for specialized fields from the University by subject of Vaasa, Finland.
- Mobspeak - Common slang terms used by "the Mob" extracted dictionaries from "The Mafia Handbook" by Douglas Le Vien, dictionaries Jr.
- Glossary on Transnational Organized Crime - Collection of English, Russian and French language terms by Roman Nazarov.
- Perfumery Glossary - Collection of terms for fragrances, cosmetics, and their ingredients.
- Pueblo Pottery - Glossary of Pueblo-specific and general related pottery vocabulary.
- Bar-None Drinking Dictionary - Hundreds of definitions for ingredients and techniques used in mixing by subject alcoholic beverages.
- Learning Disabilities Terms - Compilation of learning disabilities terms and definitions adapted dictionaries from a dictionaries number of sources.
- Fins' Aquarium Glossary - Vocabulary relating to aquariums.
- Oil Analysis, Lubrication and Filtration Terms - Online, searchable collection of lubrication and oil analysis terminology.
- Silicon Valley Slang - Technical terms and expressions commonly used in Silicon dictionaries Valley.
- Rock Art Glossary - Glossary of terms used in the study of by subject Native by subject American Indian rock art.
MySQL - Cache Direct