Independent Libraries Reference
A membership and research library with special collections in Boston history, New England state and local history, biography, English and American history, literature, and arts.
Top: Reference: Libraries: Independent
- Athenaeum of Philadelphia - Non-profit, member-supported library founded in 1814 to collect materials "connected libraries with the history and antiquities of America, and the useful libraries arts, and generally to disseminate useful knowledge"; online catalog, exhibit libraries information, and grant
- Mechanics' Institute Library - The Mechanics\\' Institute Library is a general interest independent membership library independent and chess club located at 57 independent Post Street in San independent Francisco's business district.
- The Wellcome Library for the History and Understanding of Medicine - Research library in London, open to the public independent free of reference charge. Catalogues of books, archives and independent images.
- Chawton House Library & Study Centre - Centre for the Study of Early English Women\\'s Writing, 1600-1830, in Jane Austen\'s former home. Online texts, history and access.
- America Library of Geneva - A non-profit subscription library based out of Geneva, libraries Switzerland, serving libraries the English speaking community.
- Village Learning Place - A non-profit community-based library, learning center, educational garden, independent and technology center serving diverse populations in Baltimore, independent Maryland (US).
- J.R. Ritman Library - Bibliotheca Philosophica Hermetica - Features a large collection of works in the Hermetic-Christian tradition. libraries Information on exhibitions and scholarly conferences. Online articles and libraries visiting details.
- Jessie Street National Women's Library - Dedicated to the cultural heritage of Australian women. reference Description of reference the collections, lecture programme and membership reference information.
- The New York Society Library - Subscription library with public access to the reading reference and reference reference rooms only; members may borrow books. reference Information for members and reference the general public.
- Association of Independent Libraries - Directory and guide to the history and collections of existing subscription libraries in the United Kingdom.
- St Deiniol's Library - Information on this library founded by William Ewart libraries Gladstone in 1889 for the promotion of "Divine libraries Learning". Includes details on programmes and access to libraries the library catalogue.
- Montreal Association of Independent Libraries - Access to the Atwater Library and Computer Centre, the Fraser-Hickson libraries Library, the Montreal Children\'s Library, and the Jewish Public Library.
- The Birmingham & Midland Institute Library - Book collection dating from 1799 and music library. Events, membership independent and location map.
- The Folger Shakespeare Library - Administered by the trustees of Amherst College, the Folger was a gift to the American people from Henry Clay Folger and his wife Emily Jordan Folger in 1932. Includes news on library projects and background information.
- The Literary and Philosophical Society of Newcastle upon Tyne - History and photographs of this subscription library offering books, magazines reference and CDs. Programme of free events and children's page.
- American Library in Paris - A private, non-profit English-language library in Paris, France since 1920. reference Information on membership, collections, services, and events.
- Library of the Boston Athenaeum - A membership and research library with special collections independent in Boston history, New England state and local independent history, biography, English and American history, literature, and independent arts.
- American Library in Angers, France - A branch of the American Library in Paris, offering activities, a newsletter, and access to the online catalog. Site in French and English.
- Providence Athenaeum (Rhode Island) - An independent membership library; provides a collection of libraries books and other materials to all who love libraries reading, appreciate literature, and enjoy cultural discovery.
- The London Library - Scholarly subscription library in central London collecting principally independent in the humanities. History, collections, membership information and independent online catalogue.
- Latse - Introduces a Tibetan culture library featuring in excess reference of 10,000 books as well as additional 10,000 reference journals, newspapers, and magazines.
- Chetham's Library - Founded in 1653 in Manchester, England and open free of charge. History, list of manuscripts and online catalogue.
- The Ambleside Museum & Armitt Library - Free educational institution in the English Lake District. independent Bibliographies and libraries artefacts on natural history and local independent people including Beatrix Potter, libraries Ruskin and the Lake independent poets.
- The Grolier Club Library - Overview of the collections of this New York libraries City club devoted to printing, bibliography and the libraries arts of the book.
- Newberry Library - Independent research library with a focus on the libraries humanities is libraries privately funded, but free and open libraries to the public.
- Whitby Literary & Philosophical Society Library & Archive - History and description of the local history, maritime independent and geological collections of this English learned society.
- Denver Zine Library - Publicly accessible collection of over 3,000 zines. Includes reference events schedule, online catalog, or directions.
- The Wiener Library - Modern Jewish history collection in London with special reference to independent Nazism and antisemitism. Events, facilities and history of the library.
- American Antiquarian Society - Research library in Massachusetts specialising in American history and culture up to 1876. History, catalogues, online exhibits and guides to the collection.
- The Portico Library and Gallery - A UK subscription library from Manchester featuring 19th reference century literature, local school exhibits, artist submissions, and reference gallery.
- Fendrick Library - A privately funded library open to the public, libraries and sponsoring year round reading programs, special events, libraries and guest speakers.
- The Indian and Colonial Research Center - Research library specializing in Colonial and Native American independent history.
- Mercantile Library of New York - Subscription library dedicated to the promotion of literature. libraries Membership information, facilities and programs.
- The Linen Hall Library - Subscription library with unique collections of books, manuscripts, pamphlets, genealogical reference sources, graphic images and ephemera for Irish and local studies.
- Marsh's Library - The earliest public library in Ireland, built in independent 1701, with independent contemporary religious and scientific collections. Online independent catalogue.
MySQL - Cache Direct