Organizations Folklore Society
Founded in 1888, the AFS publishes the quarterly Journal of American Folklore and works to further the discipline of folklore studies, to improve the professional well-being of its members, and to increase the respect given to diverse cultures and their t
Top: Society: Folklore: Organizations
- Paint Creek Folklore Society - Newsletter, membership information, events calendar, and links. Rochester Hills, society Michigan.
- New York Folklore Society - Information about the Society, its publications and programs, forums and conferences, plus links to other folklore and related resources.
- Palouse Folklore Society - Volunteer non-profit organization in the Moscow, Idaho / organizations Pullman, Washington area dedicated to preserving and celebrating organizations cultural traditions of folk music, dance and traditional organizations arts and crafts.
- Turkish Folklore Association - Aims to keep Turkish folklore alive through scientific society research, and society passing knowledge of the traditions on society to the younger generations society in music and dance society schools.
- Humboldt Folklife Society - Exists to preserve and promote the folk arts in music, society dance, and craft. Events calendar, membership form, and news. society Arcata, California.
- CityLore - A New York City-based cultural heritage/folklife non-profit organization. folklore Citylore promotes, presents and works to preserve the folklore traditional arts and local and ethnic cultures of folklore the NY City.
- Northern Virginia Folklife Archive - George Mason University - Archive of papers about folklore and folklife in Northern Virginia, folklore the Mid-Atlantic region, and beyond.
- American Folklife Center - Archives of Folk Culture in the Library of society Congress. Information folklore about the Center and its publications, society with guides to the folklore collections.
- Spokane Folklore Society - Washington - Non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to the celebration of Folk Arts, organizations particularly music and dance.
- Virginia Folklore Society - Non-profit organization founded in 1913 and dedicated to the discovery, collection, publication, and preservation of folklore and traditional culture in Virginia and to furthering the understanding, appreciation, and performance of traditional arts and cr
- California Folklore Society - Founded in 1941, the Society supports the study folklore of all folklore aspects of regional, national, and international folklore folklore. Anyone interested in folklore folklore and folklife may folklore join.
- Australian Folklore Journal - Studies in the field of Australian folklore as organizations well as folklore theoretical and field studies by scholars organizations from around the world. folklore Edited and published at organizations the University of New England.
- Vermont Folklife Center - Preserving the cultural traditions of Vermont. Includes society a heritage shop and listings of community events.
- Historical Museum of Southern Florida: Folklife - Exhibits document South Florida\\'s cultural diversity through the traditional arts, folklore crafts, foodways, and music of Anglo-American, Latin American, and Afro folklore Caribbean residents.
- Greek American Folklore Society - Dedicated to the study, preservation, and instruction of the traditions of Hellenic folk culture and folk arts from all regions of Greece and communities of the Greek Diaspora past and present; primary focus on stage re-enactments of traditional Greek cos
- National Council for the Traditional Arts - Dedicated to the preservation and documentation of traditional society arts in the United States through festivals, tours, society concerts, public radio, television programs and films.
- The Western Folklife Center - Based in Elko, Nevada, the Western Folklife Center is dedicated to documenting and preserving the arts of culture of the American West. They host the annual Cowboy Poetry Gathering and maintain an extensive archive.
- Michigan Traditional Arts Program - A partnership of the Michigan State University Museum and the folklore Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs. Providing documentation, preservation, folklore and education regarding folklife and the folk arts.
- Hungarian Folklore List Discussion Group - Perpetuating Hungarian folklore by exchanging thoughts, experiences, and organizations ideas (in folklore Hungarian and English).
- American Folklore Society - Founded in 1888, the AFS publishes the quarterly Journal of American Folklore and works to further the discipline of folklore studies, to improve the professional well-being of its members, and to increase the respect given to diverse cultures and their t
- Folkore Fellows at the Kalevala Institute of the University of Turku - International scholarly network founded in Finland in 1908, society furthering professional organizations training of folklorists as well as society promoting scholarly contacts and organizations publication activities.
- The Giants Carriers Association - The Giants Carriers Association is a federation of the groups supporting the people carrying giants in Catalonia in the public festivals.
- Folklore Society of Greater Washington DC - Furthering the understanding, appreciation, and performance of traditional organizations folk music organizations and folklore, the FSGW sponsors over organizations 200 events in the organizations DC area each year, organizations including festivals, concerts, dances, and swaps; organizations the site organizations also includes a lengthy list of folk
- Folklore Society, London, England - Founded in 1878, the Folklore Society maintains offices at the society Warburg Institute and archives in the DMS Watson Science Library society at University College London, with reference and lending facilities; publishes society low-cost library booklets, academic works, and t
- Victorian Folklife Association - Dedicated to the protection and promotion of the folklore cultural heritage of the people of Victoria, Australia, folklore of those informal, unofficial aspects of our heritage folklore which are folklife.
- North Carolina Folklore Society - Founded in 1913, the NCFS promotes the appreciation and study organizations of North Carolina's folklife.
- Orpheus Hellenic Folklore Society - Illinois - Specializing in the presentation of traditional Greek Folk folklore Dancing and Costume.
- Bozeman Folklore Society - An all- volunteer non-profit organization dedicated to promoting, society preserving, enjoying society and sharing the music, dance, arts, society crafts, and skills of society traditional cultures, with a society special focus on country and square society dancing and society fiddle music. Montana.
- Virginia Folklife Program - The VFP assists cultural organizations, community groups, state folklore agencies, and others in planning projects on Virginia folklore folklife, and in writing grants to obtain funding folklore to support such projects, with a focus on folklore fieldwork and new media presentations of folk
- Seattle Folklore Society - Washington - Current schedule of folk music concerts sponsored by the Seattle Folklore Society, Washington State
- British Columbia Folklore Society - Dedicated to the collection and preservation of the folklore traditional and contemporary folk culture, folklife, ad folklore folklore of the people of British Columbia, Canada.
- International Council of Organizations for Folklore Festivals and Folk Art - International organization related to UNESCO for the safeguarding, promotion and society diffusion of traditional culture and folklore. Profile of the organization, society publications, cultural activities, events, festivals, and members. [English/French/Spanish]
MySQL - Cache Direct