Biology Philosophy of Science
Designed for prospective and practicing elementary school teachers, provides a biology lesson, knowledge mapping, and alternative ideas for effectiveness in teaching biology.
Top: Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Science: Biology
- Species - Entry from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy by philosophy Marc Ereshefsky.
- Biodiversity - Discussion of philosophical issues related to biological diversity; philosophy from the biology Stanford Encyclopedia by Daniel P. Faith.
- A Palindrome: Conscious Living Creatures as Instruments of Nature; The Latter as an Instrument of the Former - Mario Crocco\\'s essay examines a palindromic relationship between philosophy of science philosophy astrophysical-biological evolution and mind-possessing living creatures in it.[PDF]
- The Aesthetics of Evolution - Discussion of the beauty of evolution; explains that evolution is continuous and discontinuous at once, as is a good poem, or a work of art.
- If Horses Had Hands - A philosophy paper by Tom Tyler examining the philosophy arguments on the concept of anthropomorphism.
- Biology and Philosophy - Permits access to the table of contents for each of the archived issues of this journal. Also includes information for authors.
- Definition of Life - Reviews and analyzes various attempts to define life in terms philosophy of negentropy and complexity theory.
- Philosophy of Genetics - Weblog provides commentary and links on topics related to the philosophy of genetics.
- Biology Instructional Philosophy - Designed for prospective and practicing elementary school teachers, provides a biology lesson, knowledge mapping, and alternative ideas for effectiveness in teaching biology.
- A Palindrome: Conscious Living Creatures as Instruments of Nature; The Latter as an Instrument of the Former. - A palindromic relationship is reported between astrophysical-biological evolution and mind-possessing biology living creatures in it. Essay by Mario Crocco.
- Philosophy of Biology Web Pages - Maintained by Michael R. Dietrich, of the Department of Biological philosophy Sciences, Dartmouth College; includes links to web sites and online philosophy articles dealing with the philosophy of biology and related subjects.
- Cognition and Biological Evolution - Idealist philosophy resolves a fundamental paradox in the biology materialist account of evolution. Essay by Axel Randrup.
- International Society for History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Biology - ISHPSSB brings together scholars from diverse disciplines, including philosophy of science the life sciences, and the history, philosophy, and philosophy of science social studies of science.
- History and Philosophy of Biology Resources - Directory devoted to the field by Roberta L. Millstein includes references works, societies, weblogs, journals, historians and philosophers of biology.
- Teleological Notions in Biology - Entry from the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Colin Allen.
- Biological Altruism - Discussion of how altruistic behavior by organisms fits biology with the philosophy theory of evolution; from the Stanford biology Encyclopedia by Samir Okasha.
- The Biological Notion of Self and Non-self - Stanford Encyclopedia entry on the notion of the immune self; biology by Alfred Tauber.
- Biofractal Evolution Center - Site dedicated to promoting post-Darwinian evolutionary science.
- Theoretical Biology and Philosophy of Biology - A list of persons, institutes, research groups and biology journals within philosophy of science theoretical biology, philosophy and history of biology biology, and related areas philosophy of science of research.
- Virtual Reality:Consciousness Really Explained - A scientific hypothesis for the origin of mind philosophy of science based in evolutionary biology. Includes downloadable manuscript philosophy of science and a few graphics.
MySQL - Cache Direct