Describes how to use the sun and shadows for determining direction with illustrations. Also includes information on how to use the stars for finding direction and making an improvised compass.
Top: Sports: Orienteering
- Top/Sports/Multi-Sports/Military Pentathlon
- Top/Regional/Oceania/Australia/Recreation and Sports/Outdoors/Orienteering and Rogaining
- Top/Science/Earth Sciences/Geomatics/Navigation/Land
- Compass Sport - Britain\\'s national orienteering magazine. Features full event coverage with worldwide circulation.
- Treasure Hunt Adventures - Offers orienteering training events throughout the US. Specializes in school programs, teacher training seminars and corporate team building. Contact information and explanation of services.
- Map Reading and Land Navigation - Online manual on map reading and land navigation orienteering based on US Army training materials which includes orienteering instructions on maps, compasses and other navigational aids.
- Navigation With Map and Compass - Links to resources that deal with navigation.
- Wilderness Survival: Field-Expedient Direction Finding - Describes how to use the sun and shadows for determining orienteering direction with illustrations. Also includes information on how to use orienteering the stars for finding direction and making an improvised compass.
- What is Orienteering? - Description of the sport, as well as map legends, control symbols and how to teach the game.
- Scientific Journal of Orienteering - Abstracts of articles included in the journal and sports subscription information. Also describes how to contribute sports to the periodical.
- Orienteering Online - Offers news, articles, gallery, event calendar and interviews.
- Orienteering in Ireland - Clubs, fixtures, results, news, magazine, forum and links orienteering are provided, as well as an explanation of orienteering the sport and details of the Irish Orienteering orienteering Association.
- Orienteering Unlimited - Provides information about the sport of orienteering. In addition, it describes the program and map making services offered by Orienteering Unlimited.
- Slovakian Orienteering Homepage - Information about Slovak Orienteering in English by Juraj Petrinec. Terrain sports descriptions, news, archives, contacts, and links.
- Orienteering for the Young - A booklet about orienteering by James Baker. It sports explains in several pages how a course for sports beginners is made.
- Magnetic Compass from "How Stuff Works" - Illustrated tutorial explains magnetic compass operation and shows how to sports make your own compass.
- World of O - An extensive index of orienteering sites maintained by orienteering Norwegian orienteer Jan Kocbach.
- Hungarian Orienteering - Includes general facts about Hungary, council members of the Hungarian Orienteering Federation, list of local Federations and clubs, links to Hungarian orienteers, results, profiles of the Hungarian National Team, 2000 and 2001 Hungarian Cup results, clic
MySQL - Cache Direct