"Roguelike games, and there are hundreds ... nay ... thousands of variants out there, all share a few common characteristics. First, they are free. Second, they are turn based single player games that involve a player character, usually represented by an '@' symbol, who travels through randomly generated dungeons killing LOTS of monsters, also represented by a variety of ASCII symbols. The character grows in power, accumulating magic items, better armor, and deadlier weapons as he or she descends. - From Adventures in ASCII, by Jeff Miller
Top: Games: Video Games: Roleplaying: Rogue-like
- Yahoo! Groups - beginnersroguelikedevelopment - Developer discussion group. Free membership required to participate.
- RogueBasin: The Roguelike Wiki - Contains information about roguelike projects, developers and development video games tips. roleplaying Made by collaborative edition from the community.
- Roguelike Development & Discussion - LiveJournal community.
- Actively Developing Roguelikes - Frequently updated lightweight list of roguelike project releases including links to their websites.
- The Roguelike Temple - Roguelike news, reviews, interviews and forum.
MySQL - Cache Direct
|Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.|
|Submit a Site - Open Directory Project - Become an Editor|