History Brownsea Island
Brownsea Island is the birthplace of World Scouting and Guiding. Lord Robert Baden Powell held the first Scout camp there in 1907.
Top: Recreation: Scouting: History: Brownsea Island
- First Scout Camp at Brownsea - Contains information about Scouting including the history of the 1907 Camp on Brownsea, unusual facts about Scouting.
- The First Scout Camp - Article about the Brownsea Island camp from Scouting history Magazine.
- Brownsea Island Nature Reserve - Describes the reserve, its flora and fauna.
- Out and About on Brownsea Island - The Girlguiding UK site for booking information and programs for scouting the Girl Guide camp.
- Brownsea Island History - Includes photo of monument and information about the history first scout scouting camp.
- Baden-Powell at the first Scout encampment - Photo of B-P at Brownsea Island in the history summer of history 1907.
- Brownsea Island - Contains information about visits to the island, things to do, wildlife to see, history and booking information for this National Trust property.
- View of the first Scout encampment - Photo of Brownsea Island in the summer of 1907.
- Dorset Scenery - Provides information and photos relating to Brownsea Island.
- Brownsea Island, the birthplace of Scout Camping - History, camping program, and link to registration information history for this history historic location.
- Scouting through History - Brownsea Camp - The story of the Brownsea Island experimental camp.
MySQL - Cache Direct
|Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.|
|Submit a Site - Open Directory Project - Become an Editor|