Cereals Pests and Diseases
Top: Science: Agriculture: Field Crops: Cereals: Pests and Diseases
- Cereal Aphids - Aphid biology and information on the different species cereals that affect pests and diseases small grains, sorghum, millet and corn. cereals Includes photographs of insects pests and diseases and their identifying features.
- Scouting Small Grains - Provides information on small grain pest management, common agronomic problems, field crops scouting for weeds, diseases and common insect pests.
- Minimising Leatherjacket Damage in Organic Cereals - Notes on where damage may occur, anticipating and pests and diseases field crops avoiding it and possible control by non chemical pests and diseases field crops means.[PDF]
- Chinch Bug Management - The chinch bug is native to North American and can field crops destroy cultivated grass crops, especially sorghum and corn, and occasionally field crops small grains. Information on its life cycle, damage done and field crops management options.
- Insect Pests of Cereals in Ethiopia - Identification and control methods for insect pests of pests and diseases field crops barley, maize, sorghum, tef and wheat in Ethiopia.
- Diseases of Barley, Rye and Triticale - Information on root and crown, foliar and viral cereals diseases in these crops, the symptoms and controls.
- Greenbug - Information on the life cycle of Schizaphis graminum, cereals the damage it causes to cereals and forage cereals grasses, and possible management strategies.
- Stored Grain Insects, Mites and Molds - Answers common questions about prevention and control of field crops insects pests and diseases that can infest stored grain
- Yellow Rust - This disease of cereals is caused by Puccinia pests and diseases striiformis and different forms affect wheat and barley. pests and diseases Photographs and information.
- Wheat Bulb Fly and Other Fly Pests of Cereals - Discusses the main fly pests of cereal crops and the pests and diseases measures that can be taken to minimise the problems their pests and diseases larvae cause.[PDF]
- Brown Rust - Photographs and information on Puccinia tritcina which affects pests and diseases field crops wheat, barley, rye and grasses.
- Black Stem Rust - Photographs and information on Puccinia graminis which affects wheat, barley and other grasses.
- Biology and Control of Take-all Disease - Information on the fungus, Gaeumannomyces graminis, which is cereals a major root-rot pathogen of cereals and grasses.
- Grasshoppers: Life Cycle, Damage Assessment and Management Strategy - Information on four species of grasshopper, the damage pests and diseases they do to cereal crops and when action pests and diseases needs to be taken to control them.
- Small Grains Pest Management - Provides general information on insecticides and fungicides and details of the diseases, insects, mites, nematodes and weeds that may attack grain crops.
MySQL - Cache Direct
|Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.|
|Submit a Site - Open Directory Project - Become an Editor|