Cereals Pests and Diseases
Non-specific cereal pests and diseases.
: Field Crops
: Pests and Diseases
- Black Stem Rust - Photographs and information on Puccinia graminis which affects wheat, barley and other grasses.
- Chinch Bug Management - The chinch bug is native to North American and can field crops destroy cultivated grass crops, especially sorghum and corn, and occasionally field crops small grains. Information on its life cycle, damage done and field crops management options.
- Insect Pests of Cereals in Ethiopia - Identification and control methods for insect pests of pests and diseases pests and diseases barley, maize, sorghum, tef and wheat in Ethiopia.
- Wheat Bulb Fly and Other Fly Pests of Cereals - Discusses the main fly pests of cereal crops and the field crops measures that can be taken to minimise the problems their field crops larvae cause.[PDF]
- Stored Grain Insects, Mites and Molds - Answers common questions about prevention and control of field crops insects field crops that can infest stored grain
- Small Grains Pest Management - Provides general information on insecticides and fungicides and details of pests and diseases the diseases, insects, mites, nematodes and weeds that may attack pests and diseases grain crops.
- Greenbug - Information on the life cycle of Schizaphis graminum, the damage it causes to cereals and forage grasses, and possible management strategies.
- Biology and Control of Take-all Disease - Information on the fungus, Gaeumannomyces graminis, which is a major root-rot pathogen of cereals and grasses.
- Scouting Small Grains - Provides information on small grain pest management, common agronomic problems, field crops scouting for weeds, diseases and common insect pests.
- Yellow Rust - This disease of cereals is caused by Puccinia striiformis and pests and diseases different forms affect wheat and barley. Photographs and information.
- Brown Rust - Photographs and information on Puccinia tritcina which affects field crops wheat, barley, rye and grasses.
- Minimising Leatherjacket Damage in Organic Cereals - Notes on where damage may occur, anticipating and field crops avoiding cereals it and possible control by non chemical field crops means.[PDF]
- Diseases of Barley, Rye and Triticale - Information on root and crown, foliar and viral diseases in these crops, the symptoms and controls.
- Cereal Aphids - Aphid biology and information on the different species that affect small grains, sorghum, millet and corn. Includes photographs of insects and their identifying features.
- Grasshoppers: Life Cycle, Damage Assessment and Management Strategy - Information on four species of grasshopper, the damage they do field crops to cereal crops and when action needs to be taken field crops to control them.
MySQL - Cache Direct