Fortifications Building Types Architecture
The Louisbourg Institute provides history, images, bibliography and visitor information for the fortified town in Canada, whose fortifications were rebuilt in the 1960s to their state in 1744. Searchable site.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Fortifications
- Chester: A Virtual Stroll Around the Walls - Steve Howe of the Black and White Picture Place provides building types a guide around the Roman and medieval city wall. Map, building types modern and archival images with description and history, including quotations building types from primary sources.
- Castles in Africa - 17th-century kings of Ethiopia created fortifications at Gondar fortifications inspired by fortifications Portuguese design. Photographs by Janice Dennie fortifications accompany text from Harry fortifications R. Atkins, \'Ethiopia: The fortifications Land of Enchantment'.
- Palmerston Forts Society - An educational charity dedicated to the study of Victorian fortifications architecture in the UK and their artillery. Includes the activities of architecture the group, list of forts and maps and plans.
- Walled Towns Friendship Circle - Includes most of the towns and cities in Europe with surviving town walls. Photographs, information.
- The South Coast Martello Towers - Peter Hibbs charts the history, construction, siting and architecture individual history of each of the 74 English architecture south coast Martello Towers.
- Greystone Court - This New York stone castle serves as a architecture location rental architecture for film, video and photo shoots.
- Coastal Fortification on the Gulf of Mexico - Andrew Bennett provides photographs and history of coastal fortifications fortifications of building types four generations from 1817 to World fortifications War II.
- The medieval fortified town of Aigues Mortes - Fortified town in the South of France with its original 13th century walls and towers, built by King Louis IX.
- Fort Siloso - The story of the sole restored coastal artillery fort from Fortress Singapore, 1874 to the present.
- The City Wall of Visby, Gotland - An illustrated description and additional photographs by Goran Andersson of fortifications the city wall, which has 36 towers still intact.
- Stephen Wyley's Fortification Pages - Provides introductions with bibliographies to military architecture, siege building types warfare, building types castles and Anglo-Saxon burhs. Images and information building types on sites building types including Constantinople, Masada, Shiro and Ankara.
- Medieval Fortifications - Expandable thumbnail images of Aigues-Mortes, Carcassonne and Pierrefonds fortifications in France fortifications from Jeffrey Howe\'s Digital Archive of fortifications Architecture.
- The Fortress of Neuf-Brisach, France - Illustrated description from an exhibition at the National fortifications Gallery of building types Art, Washington, of the fortress town fortifications constructed 1698-1720, designed by building types Sébastien Le Prestre de fortifications Vauban.
- Northern Fortress - Fortresses of northwest Russia and Finland. Photographs, fortifications maps, histories, building types and personal observations.
- Crownhill Fort - History, plan and visitor information for this Victorian building types fortress building types outside Plymouth, UK, from the official site. building types Restored and building types owned by the Landmark Trust.
- Fort McHenry, Baltimore, United States - Built 1794-1803 on a five-pointed star plan. Description and photographs building types from National Park Service Baltimore Travel Itinerary.
- Fortress of Louisbourg - The Louisbourg Institute provides history, images, bibliography and visitor information architecture for the fortified town in Canada, whose fortifications were rebuilt architecture in the 1960s to their state in 1744. Searchable site.
- Castles, Fortresses, and Palaces of the World - Images and brief descriptions from Glass, Steel and Stone of fortifications a selection of major buildings from medieval to 19th-century.
- Parks Canada: Fortress of Louisbourg - History, description, images and visitor information for the reconstructed 18th-century architecture fortified town.
- Bunkertours - An extensive photodocumentary of numerous mothballed and redundant architecture underground military building types installations in Britain and France, including architecture photographs of ROTOR sites, building types the Maginot Line, and architecture Cold War sites. Also provides reports building types from physical architecture visits.
MySQL - Cache Direct