Palaces Building Types Architecture
Brief history and tour of the 18th-century former imperial palace, now the headquarters of International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Palaces
Palaces - Great Buildings Online gives images, information, commentary and bibliography on a selection of palaces around the world from Minoan to modern.
- The State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia - The official site provides a virtual tour and building types history of the museum buildings: the Baroque Winter building types Palace (1754-1762) designed by Bartolomeo Rastrelli and the building types Neo-Classical Small Hermitage and Large Hermitage.
- Northwest Palace of Ashur-nasir-pal II at Nimrud - History of this Assyrian palace from Learning Sites, building types with palaces a VRML model and bibliography.
- Wonders of Az-Zahra and Other Andalusian Palaces - Essay by Dr. A. Zahoor on the extravagant palaces pleasure palaces built in the 10th century by palaces Islamic potentates in Spain.
- Imperial Palaces of Petersburg - Bob Atchison provides a virtual tour of the architecture Alexander Palace, Pavlovsk, Yelagin, Gatchina, Catherine Palace, Winter architecture Palace and Peterhof. Part of Russian History Websites.
- The Topkapi Palace Museum - Bilkent University Department of History provides a history building types of architecture this grandiose Ottoman palace and guide to building types its architectural architecture development. Includes a bibliography.
- Beijing Trip: Summer Palace - A history, description and bird\\'s eye map of the second palaces largest imperial garden in China. The complex includes halls, temple palaces and pagoda built around a lake.
- Schönbrunn Palace, Austria - The official site provides photographs and brief history of the palaces magnificent Baroque imperial palace, with visitor information. The archive of palaces plans, images and papers will be open to the public palaces in future.
- Iolani Palace - The residence of King Kalakaua and Queen Lili`uokalani, palaces the last building types monarchs of Hawai`i, built 1879-82 in palaces an "American Florentine" style. building types Includes history, photographs and palaces visitor information.
- The Grand Palace in Bangkok - Ann Church provides a guide to this ornate palace complex. Aerial view. Tour via sensitive bird\\'s-eye map. Illustrated history of the royal family and information on Buddhism.
- Wikipedia: Potala Palace - An illustrated history and description of this impressive building types structure in Lhasa, Tibet, formerly the chief residence building types of the Dalai Lama.
- Beijing Service: Summer Palace - Offers an illustrated history and description this former palaces imperial retreat in China, now a huge public palaces park. Features a selection of its more than palaces 3,000 buildings.
- Wikipedia: Umaid Bhawan Palace - An illustrated description and history from the collaborative encyclopedia of India\\'s last palace. Begun in 1929, it was designed by H. V. Lanchester in an Indo-Art-Deco style.
- Esterhazy Palace - This magnificent palace in Fertod, Hungary, was begun architecture in 1720 by Prince József Esterházy. The official architecture site gives a history of the palace, details architecture of exhibitions and concerts, and visitor information.
- The Hilltop Palace in the Fort of Daulatabad, India - Carl Lindquist provides an illustrated description of the Mughal pavilion building types on the citadel of the Fort of Daulatabad, Maharashtra, India. building types Includes photographs, historical chronology, and information about the fort.
- Archbishop's Palace, Kromeriz, Czech Republic - Early-Baroque palace designed by Italian architects Filiberto Lucchese architecture and Giovanni architecture Pietro Tencalla. Official site with photograph, architecture history and visitor information.
- Virtual Tour of Potala Palace, Tibet - This tour takes in both the massive exterior architecture and the building types ornate interior of the former palace architecture of the Dalai Lama, building types spiritual and political head architecture of Tibet.
- The Royal Palace of Norway - The official site for the Norwegian monarchy provides an illustrated history and virtual guided tour of the palace in Oslo designed by Danish-born Hans Linstow (1787-1851).
- The Palace of Rameses III - Mohammed Motlib uses computer-reconstruction to show how the Window of architecture Appearance could have been used. Part of The Virtual Study architecture Tour, from the New Zealand School of Architecture.
- Neuschwanstein Castle - The official site of this 19th-century fantasy castle palaces built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria includes palaces an illustrated building history, tour and biography of palaces Ludwig.
- Schloss Laxenburg, Austria - Brief history and tour of the 18th-century former palaces imperial palace, now the headquarters of International Institute palaces for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Palaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin - Description of the ensemble of palaces and parks architecture created by palaces the 18th and 19th-century Prussian kings architecture and German emperors - palaces a World Heritage site. architecture From Cartographic Information System on European palaces Affairs.
MySQL - Cache Direct