United Kingdom Palaces Building Types Architecture
The official site for the residence of the Bishop of Durham, developed from a medieval hunting lodge, provides a brief history and Quick Time Virtual Reality tour.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Palaces: United Kingdom
Historic Royal Palaces - Official guide to the Tower of London, Hampton Court, Kensington Palace, the Banqueting House and Kew Palace. Images, histories and information for visitors.
- Scone Palace, Scotland - The ancient coronation place of the kings and palaces queens of Scotland. The official site provides an palaces illustrated history, tour and visitor information.
- Eltham Palace - English Heritage describes this combination of medieval royal palace and united kingdom Art Deco home. Includes virtual tours, history, games, downloadable activity united kingdom sheets, news and visitor information.
- Wayneflete Tower - The impressive brick gatehouse which is all that building types remains of the palace of the Bishop of building types Winchester in Esher, Surrey. Its owner, Penny Rainbow, building types has written a history of the building.
- Wikipedia: Holyrood Palace - An illustrated history and description of the principal residence of palaces the kings and queens of Scotland since the 15th century palaces from the online collaborative encyclopedia.
- Windsor Castle - The story of this great castle from fortification palaces to united kingdom palace, taken from P.H. Ditchfield\\'s "Bygone palaces Berkshire" (1896). Part of united kingdom David Nash Ford\'s Berkshire palaces History.
- Leeds Castle, Kent - A Norman castle on two islands in a lake was converted to a palace by Henry VIII. Now restored, it houses a magnificent collection of furnishings, tapestries and paintings.
- The Royal Residences - Queen Elizabeth provides illustrated histories of Buckingham Palace, palaces Windsor Castle, building types Balmoral, Holyroodhouse, St James Palace, Kensington palaces Palace, Sandringham and Frogmore, building types with visitor information.
- Linlithgow Palace, Scotland - About Scotland provides a plan and illustrated history united kingdom of building types this ruined but still impressive former residence united kingdom of Scottish building types kings and queens, now in the united kingdom care of Historic building types Scotland.
- Greenwich Palace - Britannia presents an illustrated history drawn from John Timbs \\'Abbeys, Castles and Ancient Halls of England and Wales\\' of the palace destroyed c.1660, and the Queen\'s House designed by Inigo Jones.
- The Royal Pavilion - This opulent seaside home was remodelled in Indian united kingdom style building types by John Nash 1815-1823 for George, Prince united kingdom Regent and building types later George IV. Includes history, photographs, united kingdom and historic images.
- Wikipedia: Palace of Whitehall - An illustrated history of the main London residence of English building types monarchs from 1530 until 1698, from the online collaborative encyclopedia.
- Auckland Castle - The official site for the residence of the united kingdom Bishop building types of Durham, developed from a medieval hunting united kingdom lodge, provides building types a brief history and Quick Time united kingdom Virtual Reality tour.
- Channel4: Big Royal Dig - Time Team excavated in the gardens of Buckingham Palace, Windsor united kingdom Castle and Holyroodhouse in 2006. Includes history and tours of united kingdom the three buildings.
- Parliament: The building - The official site explains the history of the united kingdom Palace building types of Westminster, including its only medieval survival, united kingdom Westminster Hall, building types built by William Rufus 1097-99.
MySQL - Cache Direct