Pyramids Building Types Architecture
An illustrated guide to the construction, architecture and the evolution of the design of the pyramids from the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Pyramids
- Top/Society/History/By Time Period/Ancient/Seven Wonders of the World
- Top/Kids and Teens/School Time/Social Studies/History/By Time Period/Ancient History/Africa/Egypt/Pyramids
- Top/Arts/Architecture/History/Periods and Styles/Egyptian
- The Giza Plateau Mapping Project - Research on the geology and topography of the architecture Giza plateau, building types construction and function of the Sphinx, architecture Great Pyramids, associated tombs building types and temples, and the architecture Old Kingdom town in the vicinity.
- The Step Pyramid Complex of Djoser - Clickable plan and images, provided by the University architecture of Pennsylvania.
- Harvard Magazine: Who Built the Pyramids? - Archaeologist Mark Lehner has discovered a city of pyramid workers. Illustrations include a conjectural drawing of the Giza plateau near the end of Khufu\'s reign.
- Door Shuts on Pyramid's Mysteries - The BBC reports that the secrets of Egypt\\'s architecture Great Pyramid pyramids of Cheops will remain locked up architecture for another 12 months pyramids after a door blocks architecture a miniature robot explorer.
- Pyramids - The British Museum provides a readable, illustrated introduction building types to the pyramids of Ancient Egypt. Includes an building types interactive reconstruction of Khufu's pyramid complex.
- Egyptian Centres of Cult Worship - Photographs and sectional drawings of the Egyptian pyramids.
- The Pyramids - An illustrated description of the evolution of the building types pyramids Egyptian pyramids and discussion of how they building types were built pyramids from King Tut One.com. Includes a building types virtual model of pyramids the Great Pyramid.
- The Pyramid Builders - Concise, illustrated information on the pyramids from archaeology architecture student N. building types A. Fink.
- Architecture in Ancient Near East - The University of Haifa Library presents a study of the construction of the pyramids of Egypt, in comparison with the ziggurats of Mesopotamia. Includes images, reconstructions and bibliography.
- Pyramids: The Inside Story - NOVA Online tours the Great Pyramid in QuickTime VR, explains how the pyramids were constructed and by whom. Also covers a 1997 excavation of the bakery that fed the pyramid builders.
- Engineering the Pyramids - Professor Michel Barsoum describes evidence that parts of pyramids the Great Pyramids of Giza were built using pyramids an early form of concrete.
- Pyramid of Man - The House of Going Forth by Day - An illustrated discussion by Vincent Brown on the architecture architecture of Old Kingdom pyramids, with bibliography. The architecture focus is on the depiction of the figure architecture of Osiris in the substructure of Khufu's pyramid.
- The Upuaut Project - Computer-based study combined with robotic investigation of the pyramids shafts in pyramids the Great Pyramid of Cheops by pyramids engineer Rudolf Gantenbrink. He pyramids argues that they were pyramids not air shafts.
- The Pyramids of Egypt - Photographs by Frank P. Roy together with brief information, and site plans of pyramid complexes. Also a timeline and pyramid statistics, with sources, a map of Egypt and uncritical discussion of the Orion theory.
- Pyramid Construction - A study of the logistical aspects of Egyptian building types pyramid building types construction in the 25th century BC by building types civil engineer building types Peter Prevos. Includes bibliography and links building types to Herodotus\'s building types comments on pyramid-building.
- The Construction of the Pyramids - An illustrated guide to the construction, architecture and building types the evolution of the design of the pyramids building types from the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism.
- Great Pyramid of Khufu - El Giza, Egypt - Great Buildings Online - Great Pyramid of Khufu by unknown architect, at El Giza, architecture Egypt, -2600 to -2480, in the Great Buildings Online.
- Aimaz.net: Giza Project - An attempt to understand the compositional principles of pyramids the Giza complex, which supports the conclusions of pyramids John Legon.
- The Pyramids of Giza - CultureFocus provides an illustrated introduction to the most architecture famous monuments pyramids of ancient Egypt.
- The Ziggurats - Aerial views, reconstructions, ground plans, and information about architecture the methods used to construct the ziggurats at architecture Uruk, Ur and Babylon.
MySQL - Cache Direct