United Kingdom Gothic Churches History
The official website of this 15th-century medieval chapel rich in unusual carvings and masonic symbolism in Midlothian, Scotland, includes photographs, history and visitor information.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Religious: Christian: History: Churches: Gothic: United Kingdom
- Stratford-on-Avon - Collegiate Church of the Holy and Undivided Trinity, burial-place gothic of William Shakespeare. If you can bear the musical accompaniment, gothic use an interactive plan to find expandable images and historical gothic notes. QuickTime panoramic views of nave and chancel.
- Model Parish Church - A virtual tour of an imaginary, but typical, gothic 15th-century East churches Anglian parish church, from \\'Mapping Margery gothic Kempe\\' by the College churches of the Holy Cross, gothic Worcester, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- Sefton, St. Helen's Church - This medieval church is the only grade 1 listed building in the whole of Merseyside. A brief history with dynamic plan that shows the phases of building and drawings of the Tudor woodwork.
- The Temple Church, London - This medieval church built by the Knights Templar gothic is notable united kingdom for its circular nave. Includes a gothic detailed, illustrated history.
- Prittlewell, Essex, St Mary's Church - Site has some history and many photographs of this medieval churches church and many of its features from the last 14 churches centuries.
- Lavant, East and Mid, Sussex - Good amount of historical information on the churches gothic of St churches Mary, East Lavant (12C to 19C) gothic and St Nicholas, Mid churches Lavant (mainly 12C and gothic 13C).
- Rosslyn Templars - An attempt to separate fact from fancy in the history of the profusely decorated Rosslyn Chapel. Includes descriptions and images of other Scottish collegiate churches.
- St Olave's, York - Founded by Earl Siward of Northumbria (d.1055), though churches much altered. united kingdom History of St Olave\\'s, St Helen\\'s churches and St Martin-le-Grand, York. united kingdom Gallery of expandable photographs.
- St Andrew's Church, Wood Walton - The Friends of St Andrew\\'s provide photographs and united kingdom history united kingdom of this church standing isolated in fields united kingdom north of united kingdom Wood Walton village. The Friends aim united kingdom to restore the united kingdom church.
- Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire - The parish web site includes some detailed history churches of the church of St Peter and St churches Paul, archaeological finds, and a virtual tour of churches the church and interior panorama.
- Kendal Parish Church - The official site provides a tour via clickable gothic plan and churches a history of this exceptionally broad, gothic five-aisled, 13th-century church in churches the Lake District.
- St Neots Parish Church - The official site provides a photograph, detailed history gothic and description churches with glossary of this grand late gothic medieval church, and notes churches on the organ built gothic by George Holdich in 1855.
- Axmouth Church, Devon - An illustrated article by Roger Johnson from Britannia, united kingdom giving a history of St. Michael\\'s Church, with united kingdom a detailed description of its features from many united kingdom periods, particularly its medieval wall paintings.
- Long Melford Church - Extensive set of annotated photographs of the huge 15th-century Holy Trinity Church, notable for its stained glass windows of the period.
- Nottingham Parish Church of St. Mary the Virgin - St. Mary\\'s is the oldest religious foundation in Nottingham. Building gothic work commenced around 1377, the nave was completed in 1475, gothic and little has changed since, apart from some Victorian additions.
- All Saints Leighton Buzzard Preservation Trust - News on the progress of the restoration of the 13th- churches century parish church, and the appeal supporting it. Photographs, brief churches history.
- Ash, Kent - The official site includes a photograph, history and churches detailed description gothic by John Newman of the parish churches church of St Peter gothic and St Paul.
- Walpole St Peter, Norfolk - Some details of this large and famous village church which holds an annual flower festival.
- Bletchingley, Surrey, St Mary's Church - Extensive number of photographs of this church and many of gothic its fittings including glass and monuments.
- St Mary Redcliffe, Bristol - Magnificent church described by Queen Elizabeth I as gothic \\'The goodliest, fairest and most famous parish church gothic in England\'. Ground plan and illustrated tour.
- St Illtyd Church, Aberbeeg, Gwent - Photographs and history of this deconsecrated medieval church gothic with pre-Norman gothic origins, provided by the Friends of gothic St. Illtyd. It includes gothic a survey of memorials gothic in the churchyard and a list gothic of rectors.
- Westbere, Kent, All Saints Church - Descriptions of this 13th and 14th century village united kingdom church united kingdom near Canterbury, illustrated with photographs.
- Fairford Church, Gloucestershire - Cotswold HyperGuide supplies photographs and a chatty description gothic of the gothic only church in the British Isles gothic with an almost-complete gothic set of 15th. century gothic stained-glass windows.
- St Michael's Church, St Albans, Medieval Doom Painting - Ruth Pickles describes this rare 13th-century painting depicting the Day churches of Judgement. Includes photographs, drawings and history.
- Rosslyn Chapel - The official website of this 15th-century medieval chapel rich in gothic unusual carvings and masonic symbolism in Midlothian, Scotland, includes photographs, gothic history and visitor information.
- Bath Abbey: The Indian Summer of Bath Priory - Jean Manco looks at the history of this magnificent building - the only cathedral built in England in Tudor times.
- Ashburton Parish Church, Devon - Photographs and history of the medieval St. Andrew\\'s, united kingdom rebuilt churches in the 15th century, from the official united kingdom site.
MySQL - Cache Direct