Churches History Christian Religious
The Barbados Tourism Authority provides an interactive map of historic churches, leading to a photograph and outline history for each. The oldest is St George's (1784).
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Religious: Christian: History: Churches
- Top/Arts/Visual Arts/Sculpture/History
- Top/Society/Religion and Spirituality/Christianity/Churches
- Unity Temple, Oak Park, Illinois - Oak Park Tourist provides an online tour with plan, photographs and history of the remarkable cubist concrete church designed in 1905 by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Churches of Italy - Bill Thayer\\'s tour: thumbnail images lead to pages or sites christian on churches in Rome, Milan, the Marche and Umbria.
- First Congregational Church, Orwell, Vermont - Photographs, 19th-century painting and history of this fine example of churches the Greek Revival style, built in 1842 by Frederick Bostwick churches and Fobes. Hosted by the University of Vermont.
- The New Jersey Churchscape - Frank Greenagel records the 18th and 19th century history churches of New Jersey. Provides a database and history photographic inventory, features, events list.
- Unity Temple, Oak Park, Illinois - Official site of the remarkable cubist concrete church designed by christian Frank Lloyd Wright reproduces the original 1906 brochure with plans, christian drawings and the design philosophy for the building.
- Boston Avenue United Methodist Church - The official site of this towering Art Deco christian church in Tulsa, designed in the 1920s by christian Adah Robinson, gives a history and illustrated description, christian with commentary on its religious symbolism.
- Barbados: Religion and Spiritual Retreats - The Barbados Tourism Authority provides an interactive map history of historic churches churches, leading to a photograph and history outline history for each. churches The oldest is St history George's (1784).
- St. Brigid Catholic Church, San Francisco - Noted for its Irish stained-glass windows, 19th-century Romanesque churches architecture, and its Ruffatti organ. History, description, expandable churches photographs.
- Wodan Still Speaks - Photographs by Guido Deseijn and Gerda Verheeke of christian Romanesque and Gothic sculptures on medieval religious buildings christian in Europe, suspected to represent the old pagan christian god Wodan or Odin.
- St. George's Church, Milwaukee, Wisconsin - A virtual tour of the Byzantine Revival church designed in history 1916 by Erhard Brielmaier for the Melkite Greek Catholic community.
- Cathedrals and Churches of St. Petersburg - Fine photographs by Boris Kuznetsov with descriptions from \\'Orthodox St.Petersburg\\', history ed. Maria Lyzhenkova (1996). Hosted by St Petersburg State Technical history University.
- Parishes of the Isle of Man and their Churches - Frances Coakley provides histories of Manx parish churches christian illustrated with history images, both modern and archival. Part christian of 'A Manx Notebook'.
- The Churches of Rome - Chris Nyborg\\'s guide to churches of all denominations in this city central to the development of church architecture. Includes biographies of their architects and artists.
- The Built Environment of American Religion - Bibliography of American churches by Peter W. Williams christian from the history Material History of American Religion Project.
- Churches in Florence - Guide to the many medieval churches the city history from Your christian Way to Florence: brief histories, some history with photographs.
- Shrine of St. Michael, Italy - History and tour via sensitive cutaway drawing of churches the shrine history in Monte Sant\\'Angelo on the Gargano churches peninsula. The shrine in history a natural cavern lies churches at the heart of a complex history of medieval churches buildings.
- Quebec Religious Heritage Foundation - Dedicated to the conservation of churches and other history religious buildings in Quebec. Illustrated introduction and detailed, history scholarly dissertations and monographs on specific buildings and history topics.
- The Hanging Church, Cairo - Illustrated description from Tour Egypt of the Coptic churches Church of St Mary, rebuilt in the 11th churches century. Its fascinating mixture of styles includes Corinthian churches capitals and Arabic-inspired ornament.
- The Churches of Gotland - Descriptions and pictures from the book by Dr. Bengt G christian Söderberg on the 92 medieval churches in Gotland still in christian use. Access by sensitive map or list.
- Churches and Cathedrals in 3D - A collection of hundreds of 3D and 2D christian images of christian churches and cathedrals around the world christian by Jeffrey L. Cooper. christian Includes viewing instructions and christian map-based navigation.
- Baptisteria Sacra - An ambitious project by the University of Toronto history aiming to christian create an iconographic index of baptismal history fonts from the early christian Christian period to the history 17th century. You are invited to christian contribute information.
- Treasured Churches of Cincinnati - A visual tour of the many Catholic churches churches of Cincinnati christian built since 1840, with their histories.
- Churches of Jerusalem - Outline and beautiful sample pictures from the book christian \\'Beyond the history Walls: Churches of Jerusalem\\' by Aviva christian Bar-Am, former Jerusalem Post history correspondent. Book may christian be ordered from this page.
- Divergent Paths: The Development of Newfoundland Church Architecture - An illustrated essay by Prof Shane O\\'Dea from Newfoundland and churches Labrador Heritage, describing the distinctive architecture of churches in Newfoundland.
- The Many Mansions of God's House - An essay by James Hudnut-Beumler, Vanderbilt University, on history the style and location of church buildings in history America, from the Material History of American Religion history Project.
- Windows in Church Architecture - A history of the use and form of windows in christian Christian houses of worship from the Catholic Encyclopedia.
- Margaret Visser: The Geometry of Love - A book exploring the basilican church of Sant history Agnese fuori christian le Mura, Rome, rebuilt 625-38 to history replace a 4th-century church. christian The author supplies her history biography, reviews of the book and christian images with history extracts from it.
- Coptic Churches in Old Cairo - Article on the lengthy history of churches in Cairo, beginning christian in the Early Christian era, from Copt-Net. No illustrations.
MySQL - Cache Direct