Monastic Churches History Christian
The official site for the burial place of kings. Five QuickTime virtual reality 360-degree interactive panoramas. Or tour with an interactive floor-plan leading to beautiful photographs and accompanying history. Visitor information.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Religious: Christian: History: Churches: Monastic
Westminster Abbey - The official site for the burial place of kings. Five QuickTime virtual reality 360-degree interactive panoramas. Or tour with an interactive floor-plan leading to beautiful photographs and accompanying history. Visitor information.
- Wymondham Abbey - The nave of the former abbey church of monastic St. Mary churches and St. Thomas of Canterbury, Wymondham, monastic Norfolk, survives as a churches parish church. The official monastic site offers a brief history and churches tour.
- Bolton Abbey, N. Yorkshire - The former Priory Church of St.Mary and St.Cuthbert churches is now monastic a parish church. This official site churches gives a history and monastic plan with information on churches different parts of the building.
- Romsey Abbey - This impressive former abbey church is now a parish church. Brief history and description.
- Cartmel Priory Church, Cumbria - The official site of this church with Norman history and Gothic features includes an illustrated history and history photograph gallery.
- Romsey Abbey, Hampshire - Photographs, plan, Saxon history, architecture and archaeology with history bibliography of the Abbey Church of St. Mary history and St. Aethelflaed by David Nash Ford from history Britannia Internet Magazine.
- Dore Abbey Interactive Guide Book - The Friends of Dore Abbey provide an online history and churches tour of the surviving church of a Cistercian monastery in churches Herefordshire. Also FDA news; videos can be downloaded.
- Malmesbury Abbey - This description of the delights of Malmesbury in monastic Wiltshire from the Cotswold HyperGuide includes photographs and monastic a popular history of the abbey, the Norman monastic church of which is still in use.
- Lancaster Priory - Former priory church, now a parish church. History monastic illustrated with lovely photographs, external and internal.
- The Abbey Church of St. Gall, Switzerland - Illustrated description from an exhibition at the National history Gallery of Art, Washington, of the Baroque church history built c.1752 to a model by the Benedictine history lay brother Gabriel Loser.
- Bath Abbey - A former cathedral - the only one in history Britain completely rebuilt in the Tudor period. Photographs, history brief history, details of the heritage centre and history music, visitor information.
MySQL - Cache Direct