Wooden Churches History Christian
Extracts from a monograph by Dr Alge Jankeviciene on the hundreds of wooden churches, chapels and belfries in Lithuania, illustrated with expandable thumbnail photographs.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Religious: Christian: History: Churches: Wooden
- The History of Slash Church - Dianne A. Jones provides a drawing, history, description churches and list of ministers of the oldest surviving churches frame-built church in Virginia, built in 1729. Hosted churches by Hanover County VAGenWeb.
- The Wooden Churches of Marmures, Romania - An illustrated history from Discover Romania of these churches built in the 17th and 18th centuries without iron nails, yet reaching impressive heights.
- Wooden Architecture of the Ukrainian Carpathians - Illustrated outline of this book edited by John Hvozda and churches published in 1978, which covers church and domestic architecture.
- Petäjävesi Old Church - Frank Hellstén describes this World Heritage example of history 18th-century Finnish wooden wood architecture for Virtual Finland. Includes\\'s history Kari Palsila\'s 360-degree panorama wooden photographs.
- Historic Church Gets Grant for Renovation - Savannah Morning News reports that Nicholsonboro Baptist Church, the oldest wooden rural black church in Chatham County, Georgia (US), was awarded wooden a restoration grant.
- Tabernacle Baptist Church, Beaufort, South Carolina - ICW-NET provides a photograph of this tall-steepled wooden history church, built in 1811 in an interesting blend history of styles.
- Odin: The Stave Churches of Norway - Håkon Christie describes these remarkable constructions, richly decorated history with carvings.
- The Wooden Churches of Eastern Europe: An Introductory Survey - An illustrated review by Andrew Gregorovich of this wooden book by David Buxton.
- Stave Church: Medieval Wooden Churches in Norway - Jorgen Holten Jensenius presents his research papers on various aspects of stave churches. Summaries of all articles and full text of some, with bibliography and map of locations.
- Lithuanian Wooden Church Architecture - Extracts from a monograph by Dr Alge Jankeviciene churches on the history hundreds of wooden churches, chapels churches and belfries in Lithuania, history illustrated with expandable thumbnail churches photographs.
- The Old Church at Petäjävesi - The official town site provides an illustrated history of this history timber church built in 1763-1764 and now given World Heritage history status. Includes a plan.
MySQL - Cache Direct