Theaters and Cinemas Building Types Architecture
Great Buildings Online provides photographs, details and bibliographies for a number of significant theaters of all periods across the world.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Theaters and Cinemas
- Top/Arts/Performing Arts/Theatre/History
- Top/Arts/Music/Instruments/Keyboard/Organ/Theatre Organs
- Top/Business/Construction and Maintenance/Building Types/Theaters
- The Rex Cinema, Berkhamsted - This Art Deco cinema in the UK, designed theaters and cinemas building types by David Nye in 1936, has been theaters and cinemas building types restored and re-opened. Includes photographs.
- The Cerrito Theater - El Cerrito\\'s historic theater with its Art Deco building types interior and murals is one of California\\'s hidden building types treasures. History, photographs and progress on its restoration.
- Cinema Treasures - Dedicated to saving classic movie theaters in the US. News, building types database, photographs, virtual tours and message boards. Also aims, founders, building types sponsors and volunteer staff of the web-site.
- Redford Theatre - This 1928 cinema in Detroit was designed with building types a building types Japanese motif. Includes an illustrated history and building types details of building types its restoration by the Motor building types City Theatre Organ building types Society.
- Julia Morgan Theater, Berkeley, California - Redwood building designed by architect Julia Morgan in theaters and cinemas 1908 as the St. John\\'s Presbyterian Church. Brief theaters and cinemas description, photographs, plan.
- The KiMo Theatre, Albuquerque, New Mexico - A picture palace in the flamboyant, short-lived, Pueblo theaters and cinemas Deco style, designed by Carl Boller in 1925. theaters and cinemas Photographs and history from the City of Albuquerque.
- The Michigan Theater - Constructed in 1927 in Ann Arbour, Michigan, to the design building types of Detroit architect Maurice Finkel as a vaudeville and movie building types palace. The official site includes an illustrated history.
- Theaters - Great Buildings Online provides photographs, details and bibliographies architecture for a building types number of significant theaters of all architecture periods across the world.
- Scottish Surviving Cinemas and Theatres - Historical archive of all surviving cinema buildings in Scotland and news on cinemas under threat of closure or demolition. A database with photographs and historical information on over 900 cinemas.
- Paramount Theatre, Oakland, California - The official site offers photographs and a history (with source) theaters and cinemas of this extraordinary Art Deco theater. The 1930s movie palace theaters and cinemas was designed by San Francisco architect Timothy Pflueger.
- Historic Los Angeles Movie Theatres - Bill Counter provides photographs and descriptions of historic movie theatres in Los Angeles along with links to other resources and databases.
- American Picture Palaces - Illustrated history by the University of Virginia of building types the extravagant buildings that sprang up in the building types inter-war years to house the movies. Includes socio-economic building types background, guide to Art Deco.
- Carthalia - Andreas Praefcke\\'s postcard collection of theatre buildings and concert halls building types worldwide. He provides notes on the history of some of building types the better-known ones.
- Grand Vision Foundation - A non-profit organization to preserve and promote the Warner Grand architecture Theater, an Art Deco movie palace in San Pedro, California. architecture Includes a history of the theater, which opened in 1931.
- Theatre Royal Hyde - A registered charity with the aim of purchasing, theaters and cinemas theaters and cinemas restoring and re-opening the Edwardian Theatre Royal in theaters and cinemas theaters and cinemas Hyde, Manchester. Follow its progress and learn about theaters and cinemas theaters and cinemas the theatre's history.
- Britannia Panopticon Music Hall Trust - Aims to save and reuse the music hall in Glasgow theaters and cinemas built in 1857 and designed by Thomas Gildard and H.M.McFarlane. theaters and cinemas Includes a photograph and history.
- Swedish Cinemas - This stylish site by Kjell Furberg, cinema historian architecture and photographer, building types provides an architectural feast from the architecture silent era onwards. English building types and Swedish language versions.
- Netherlands Cinema History - Karel Dibbets explores the theaters, the people, the theaters and cinemas companies, and the visitors of Dutch cinemas from theaters and cinemas 1906 to the present. Large list of cinemas theaters and cinemas with opening dates, some with architect.
- Fox Theatre Building, Detroit, Michigan - Designed by C. Howard Crane and built in building types 1928, it is the "most exotic eclectic Hindu-Siamese-Byzantine building types theater of the golden age of the movie building types palace". Photographs, brief history.
- Kilduff's Movie Theatre Survey - A survey of movie theatres in Maryland built theaters and cinemas between 1900 and 1950. Photographs, building dates and theaters and cinemas descriptions.
- Theatre Historical Society of America - Nonprofit educational organization dedicated to documenting and celebrating historic theatres of all types in the United States.
- Palace Theatre - Robert Alder provides an illustrated history of this 1925 theatre in Hilo, Hawaii. Includes historic photographs.
- Allen Theatre, Cleveland, Ohio - Photographs of the movie theater built in 1921, from RineStock Studios.
- Theatre Royal, York, UK - The official site includes a brief history of architecture the theater theaters and cinemas built in 1744 and re-modelled in architecture the 19th century.
- The Cinema Theatre Association - Promotes the study of old cinemas in the UK. Archives, publications, events, links.
- Drive In Theater - The American phenomenon which began in the 1930s: building types open-air cinemas, viewed from automobiles. An illustrated history building types and list of theaters both operating and closed.
- Theatron - Features interactive walkthroughs of 3D models of present and past architecture theatres, including those of ancient Greece and Rome. Requires Cosmo architecture Player VRML Plug-in, Flash and Quicktime.
- Movie House History: Classic Theaters of Kansas - Paul Salley lists theaters, opera houses and drive-in architecture theaters in building types Kansas, with some history. Banners.
MySQL - Cache Direct