United Kingdom Europe Vernacular History
Researches and records the vernacular architecture of Yorkshire, organises conferences, dayschools and walkabouts, and publishes newsheets and an annual journal.
Top: Arts: Architecture: History: Vernacular: Europe: United Kingdom
- Medieval Peasant Houses - Mainly in 14th-century England. Scholarly summary by Paul vernacular Gans of united kingdom the Department of Chemistry, New York vernacular University, on his Medieval united kingdom Technology Pages.
- Barley Hall, York - This medieval oak-framed house has been carefully restored europe to the way it would have looked in europe the 1480s. Photographs, visitor information.
- Gawmless End - An illustrated description and history of a historic europe old Lancashire vernacular farmhouse nestling among the Rossendale Hills europe in the West Pennines vernacular of northern England.
- Yorkshire Vernacular Buildings Study Group - Researches and records the vernacular architecture of Yorkshire, organises conferences, united kingdom dayschools and walkabouts, and publishes newsheets and an annual journal.
- Timber-Framed Houses - A beginner\\'s guide to the history and construction of medieval europe timber-framed houses in England and Wales by the owner of europe one. Examples, bibliography and glossary.
- Exploring the Round Houses of Doves - An article on dovecotes by Klara Spandl in British Archaeology, united kingdom with references and a list of dovecotes open to the united kingdom public.
- Scottish Vernacular Buildings Working Group - SVBWG provides a focus for people interested in vernacular the traditional vernacular buildings of Scotland. Illustrated description of vernacular its activities and events.
- Vernacular Architecture Group - Studies traditional buildings in the British Isles and europe from around the World. Organises conferences and publishes europe a refereed journal.
- RCAHM Vernacular Architecture - Outline of the Royal Commission for Ancient and vernacular Historic Monuments united kingdom in Wales approach to the study vernacular of the traditional architecture united kingdom of farmhouses, farm-buildings and vernacular cottages.
- Historic Farm Buildings Group - For those concerned with the past, present and europe future of united kingdom historic farm buildings. Aims, downloadable newsletter, europe news and events, journal united kingdom (contents in pdf format.)
- Ryedale Vernacular Building Materials Research Group - A multi-disciplinary research group for those with an interest in united kingdom the vernacular buildings of Ryedale, North Yorkshire, and in particular united kingdom the building stones and source quarries. Membership, research, meetings, and united kingdom bibliography.
- Living Under a Medieval Field - An article by John Letts in British Archaeology on the europe evidence of widespread survival of ancient thatch on vernacular buildings. europe History of thatching.
MySQL - Cache Direct